Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

The hi-fi sound and video tracking on the vcr are out of alignment, good sound = bad video in bottom area of picture, adjusting tracking gives good video, and noise, distorton, slight drop-outs, and slight warbling in sound, a bit like Donald Duck on a bad day.

I've tried any and all sources on the web, no good luck.

Thank you.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Any JVC S-VHS remote works.
For example, this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-LP20303-015-...item5ae110bedf

These were all "MBR" (multiple brand remote) models, with serial numbers that started with "LP" (LP#####-###)
The tan job shuttle remote came with the 9000 series models, while the others were black (NTSC) or gray (PAL). Same LP# serials.

Tracking can be altered on the VCR, or the remote.
The method is described here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/home...html#post16044

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

I think he is referring to the special diagnostics remote mentioned in the service manual.
07-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
D'oh!

Without making me read the service manual -- hey, I'm busy + lazy!

-- What's it supposed to be used for?

- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Premium Member

It allows one to access the on-board diagnostics and test menus built into the VCR's firmware. One can test things like tape end sensors and such. The AG-1980 also has a similar system built in, but that can be access by holding down certain buttons on the control panel.
07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Free Member

I don't have one, but I was considering buying one a few months ago. I called Encompass Parts, and they don't have it in stock but they said they are able to special order it. Here's a link to their listing - http://www.encompassparts.com/products/?PTU94023B

The thing is... it's over $50 and I'm not sure if shipping is free. You might be better off buying another SR-V10 for $70 on eBay. Currently I only see ones listed for $110 and higher, but a few months ago there were a couple sellers with a dozen each for around $70. Sorry, not ready to part with mine yet
07-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Thanks for all your comments and advise folks. I did find one on eBay just after I posted my request to the list and won it at a low price, quite a surprise, hope it's as good as advertised!

Yes, my eBay $70.00 JVC SR-V10U seems to have a slight alignment problem, best tracking of picture does not equal best sound and vise-versa. The service manual for the SR-V10U posted to your site (thank you very much for that) gives instructions on using this remote to pre-set alignment etc, so we'll try a slight tune-up!

The SR-V10U was the last one the eBay seller had. It also seems a little noisy in rewind, a slight squeeky sound, seems to occur as the tape is almost completly rewound. Anyone had that or other problems with it?
07-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd5010 View Post
You might be better off buying another SR-V10 for $70 on eBay. Currently I only see ones listed for $110 and higher, but a few months ago there were a couple sellers with a dozen each for around $70.
That $70 price was a fluke. In some ways, it was even (possibly) a dash of ignorance on the part of the seller. Those VCRs can easily command double or triple that price ($150-250) in excellent condition. That a person sold the SR-V10U for $70 means he either didn't know what the VCR's real value was, or simply did not care (i.e., a "short sale" on liquidating a studio quickly).

Quote:
Anyone had that or other problems with it?
My SR-V10U purchase from that auction was fine in tests, but sits on the rack as a backup. It was able to play SP mode tapes perfectly, and was great on a lousy SLP test tape. Due to an annoying issue with a production VCR, it will go into full-time service starting this week. If I have any problems, I'll surely post about it. Otherwise you can assume it's been fine as is.

- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.