Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Free Member

Alright, so this may seem like an outdated idea, but I have (at least) two well-working jvc S-VHS recorders and would like to use these to try out making a second generation copy of VHS to S-VHS. Since I'm capturing to pc simultaneously this won't take up any extra time, even if the result would be mediocre. Thing is, I'd rather have the original material on good quality backup tapes from recent years than on worn out tapes from the mid 80's onward.

My problem is that Amazon restricts the shipment of blank media, including S-VHS tapes for whatever reason, while these have become practically untraceable in the Netherlands. As for the edit cable, the manual at one point states this to be a LANC-cable, but doesn't provide much further detail. From what I understood though, it can be used to synchronize playing and recording between two JVC video devices, so if anyone could help me with these two requirements I should be set for an easy backup operation.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors