digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   JVC HR-S9800U S-VHS VCR For Sale - a rare gem! (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/4278-jvc-s9800u-vhs.html)

deter 06-18-2012 09:31 AM

JVC HR-S9800U S-VHS VCR For Sale - a rare gem!

The HR-S9800U is the top-of-the-line JVC S-VHS video recorder. It features an advanced ghost reduction tuner, and a new video navigation feature to easily locate your favorite recordings. Super VHS with a 4MB Digi Pure System, 19 Micron Heads & "ET" mode provide JVC's best picture, and the high resolution recording with any tape.

•High resolution Super VHS and VHS
•Super VHS ET Recording
•19 micron width EP Heads
•DigiPure Technology w/ TBC and 4MB Frame Memory
•Dynamic Drum w/ TimeScan and Pro-Slow
•Hi-Fi Stereo with MTS Decoder
•VCR Plus+ with "Cable Eye" Cable Box Controller
•Jog/Shuttle on front of VCR and Remote
•Insert Editing with Flying Erase Head
•Audio Dubbing
•Dual Azimuth - 4 Video Heads + 2 Hi-Fi Audio Heads + Flying Erase Head
•Multi-Brand TV/Cable Box/DBS Compatible Remote w/Jog/shuttle
•Rec Link
•J-Terminal
•Child Lock
•S-Video Input on Front Panel
•S-Video Output on Back Panel
•Rear AV Inputs, Gold Plated Front Inputs
•AV Outputs on Rear Panel
•181 Channel Tuner
•1 Year / 8 Event Timer
•Multi Lingual Color On Screen Menu. Menu Button on VCR.
•1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor Warranty
•Power: AC 120V - 60Hz

THIS UNIT IS IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER, MINT !!!

PRICE $680 + $30 for Shipping an Insurance

kpmedia 06-18-2012 11:06 AM

Post approved. :thumb:

These really are workhorse VCRs.
I've only had to get my main one repaired twice in the past 10 years. It only needs servicing about once per year.

Acden 06-20-2012 11:28 AM

I can't believe in price

~ 700$ for S-VHS prosumer recorder????

It could be only for not-used S-VHS player/recorded.

deter 06-24-2012 01:28 PM

The units that I sell are refurbished, serviced, cleaned and in perfect working order. These are hard to find rare machines. This is not some basic test were you put a tape in the machine. Once in a blue moon you may find one of these on ebay, but 95% of the time, it will fail my tests. The service work alone is more than a few hundred dollars. This is a really good VCR, it could be one of the best that JVC ever put out.

One last thing, it comes with a remote. These units are worthless without one....

kpmedia 06-24-2012 02:05 PM

Let me help break it down:
- MSRP on this VCR in 1998, when the model was new, was about $595. Street price was about $495 + shipping from B&H.
- A proper cleaning runs about $65 after sales tax.
- Other maintenance runs anywhere from $30 to $70 hourly after sales tax.

I know this because I've paid those price and rates, and because I've charged those prices and rates.

If this unit is in like-new condition, it could command MSRP. Due to scarce supply of this specific unit, and extra time spend doing maintenance, it could be worth a premium above MSRP. The right buyer will understand what he/she is getting here, and isn't the typical cheapskate from eBay.

deter, I see this on the post: "1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor Warranty" --- is that a copy/paste of the original specs, or are you offering a warranty?

And this specific JVC actually does not require a remote. In fact, some controls are only on the deck. The 9800 came with the tan-colored remove, model LP20465-007, which featured a full job dial. Aside from the jog dial, the remote is identical to the black remotes that came with lower-end models (3800, 4800, 7800).

The 9600 and 9800 are easily the two best units. :thumb:

Dr. Brule 06-25-2012 07:05 AM

deter, are you still selling this deck?

edit: ignore this.
Thread title doesn't say [SOLD], so it must be, and I just noticed you're selling the NTSC 9800, not the PAL version.

deter 12-14-2013 10:58 PM

just got an email saying Zonker67, replied to this thread, it is only 538 days old. How can I help you?

(I don't see his or hers message)

Right now only have one of these units and it is mine, it going to take a lot to make me part with it. LOL

(These are good VCR's)