Quantcast For sale: JVC S-VHS VCRs with TBC (several models) - Page 2 - digitalFAQ Forum
Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-09-2019, 03:59 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,222 Posts
A couple posts back, I mentioned having some leads on good decks. Well, a lead paid off.

Earlier this year, I acquired a stash of nice SR-MV45 units. It was hard to turn down, the decks really were nice, not your average eBay/Craigslist junk. I know members here are always seeking quality decks, so I grabbed all them for us. However, even being nice decks, I saw these could be better. After a quite a bit of time and expenses, I refurbished several of the decks to minty like-new condition, and those are now starting to become available.

(Worth mentioning: Several perform/function below my expectations, and those are parts fodder if/when needed. Good parts, not eBay junk decks "for parts".)

Back in December, I honestly thought I was done with VCRs.

So if you want a good deck, get it while I got it!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Find television shows, cartoons, DVDs and Blu-ray releases at the TVPast forums.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-25-2019, 04:32 AM
Site Staff | Video

Added some decks, including another A+ 7800!

- Find television shows, cartoons, DVDs and Blu-ray releases at the TVPast forums.
06-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Free Member

Hi, Lordsmurf! On my other forums, when there is a smurf, that is always the go-to gal or guy! Funny, but true. Anyway, I have been reading here for a bit and I would be interested in your jvc 7900. Is it in great working condition? I stupidly sold my jvc, I believe it was the 9600 or 9900, a few years ago and now ant it back. I understand from your ratings that this one is a good one. Please let me know if it is available. I first want to use it to watch home videos made on the compact cassette (I still have my adapter thing) and then will watch movies. I do not need to record excessively, but would like that as a future option. If you suggest a different deck, please advise. Thanks so much!
Laura (guadgirl)
08-05-2019, 03:33 AM
Site Staff | Video

Updated the list.

All of my nicest A+ and A++ decks are now gone. But I still have some A-/A+ available (not quite A-, not quite A+). If you've been on the fence, now would be a good time to act. This may be the last year I sell VCRs, still undecided. What that means is this: what I have available now is the end of my small stash of decks. So if you want a known-good VCR, now is the time to get it. Aug/Sept, try not to wait until Oct-Dec.