digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   For sale: TBC-1000, green AVT-8710, more (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/8243-sale-tbc-1000-a.html)

lordsmurf 05-28-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukandy (Post 75367)
Damn, it looks like I'm too late for one of your PAL TBC's Lordsmurf?

I have some more TBCs again. :D

Quote:

For comment/critique, my setup is:
JVC HR-S7600 I bought off ebay a few years ago, I'll need to test properly though was working well when I got it
ATI AIW 9000 AGP I just got off ebay, brand new but card only, drivers installed and so far looking good
My 20 year old PC which I've done a clean install of XP SP2 on
Seems fine to me. :congrats:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupin981 (Post 74582)
let me know if everything is going well,

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomcc (Post 76980)
Hi, replied to your email, inquiring about getting a TBC-1000

PM'd / emailed. :congrats:

ukandy 05-31-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 77729)
I have some more TBCs again. :D

This is the news I've been waiting for, thanks! I'll PM you.

haoyangw 07-11-2021 12:05 PM

Hi lordsmurf, seems like I'm too late for your awesome TBCs haha. Do you happen to still have any PAL-supporting TBCs available? Have sent you a PM! thank you :D

mbassiouny 07-19-2021 04:58 PM

Hi lordsmurf, I sent you a pm 2 weeks go too for capture card and TBC. More precisely my PM was a reply to your PM on capture cards (date of my reply 07-04-2021). no rush at all, tyt, but just thought I would write here too in case you did not notice my PM. Thanks

RogerD 09-21-2021 01:18 PM

Is either the AVT 8710 or TBC1000 from the Sept. 2021 post still available?

Mattneedsadvice 09-29-2021 12:19 PM

Are any of your TBCs currently available?

ctufts 10-09-2021 08:17 AM

Do you still have one of your TBC units for $1950 still available?

OK_Lake 12-12-2021 03:46 PM

HI there, curious if the TBC-1000 is still available? I am serious buyer, thanks!

nicholasserra 01-19-2022 11:01 PM

If you get a rack mount datavideo unit with proc amp in, put my name on it.

lordsmurf 01-20-2022 11:55 PM

@ ukandy, haoyangw, mbassiouny, RogerD, Mattneedsadvice, ctufts, OK_Lake
I hope you're all putting your new TBCs to good use. :D

@ nicholasserra -- PM'd! :congrats:

mbassiouny 01-21-2022 12:18 AM

@lordsmurf, not yet:( But I surely will, once USPS delivers it

RogerD 01-21-2022 09:04 AM

@ LS & the many contributors on digitalfaq- have gotten 10 episodes of “classic” SNL transferred - many thanks for all the useful advice! :cool:

The_Outsider 01-21-2022 09:15 AM

Do you have any S-VHS JVC units with line-TBC available?

zwillia3 03-29-2022 12:28 PM

How does the AVT compare to the dvk and the ntsc only cypress? I already have a dvk that I resurrected from the grave that seems to work with my test bed but I wanted to see if going to one of the other 2 would be worth it for quality captures. I am using a JVC 9911u with a dvk into an ATI AIW currently and results are good but wondering if either of those would make them better.

lordsmurf 04-17-2022 07:49 AM

We\'ve been dealing with a family loss. It was sudden, not yet expected. I probably took it the hardest. Still need some space.

Understandably, I\'m not online much, haven\'t been for a while now.

Things will be resolved in the near future for all.

Theogen 04-17-2022 03:58 PM

Resolved. Enjoy the TBC. https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif -LS

LordSmurf,
Any updates on the BV10 and VCR?
I have sent a couple of emails and a PM over the last 2 weeks and have not received any response.
-Theogen
-- merged --
Thank you for the update and I will also look forward to hearing from you.

karlswagan 05-23-2022 02:17 PM

Resolved. Enjoy the TBC. https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif -LS

As someone else also waiting, I appreciate the update and hope you take the time you need. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

-- merged --
Hi Lordsmurf,
Is there any update on the TBC I purchased in April? I know you're dealing with a personal loss, I understand that and am not looking for more than an update. I haven't heard back in private messages but I see you're sometimes active on the forum helping others, so perhaps you see this.
I'm going to be out of the country most of June, and then I'm moving across the country in July. I haven't heard from you and want to make sure you don't accidentally ship the item while I'm away or to my old place of residence.
Thank you, please let me know, and I hope you are well otherwise.

AnalogDarling 05-23-2022 02:46 PM

Hi LS, I’m not sure if my DMs were making it through so I thought I’d try here. I hope all is ok. It’s been weeks since I last heard from you and sending payment. I was hoping to get the TBC so I can start digitizing my VHS tapes. Thanks!
-- merged --
Yeah, I’m still waiting on my BV10 from late January. I was confirming the final balance remaining from initial payment, but never heard back again. That was 2 weeks ago.
-- merged --
Hey Karl, there are several of us waiting. I’ve also been traveling g and such. My last contact was through email two weeks ago that it would be shipping end of that week. There’s been a few “almost” ship times. I’m aware of a few people who have also been in the same boat as you.

lordsmurf 05-23-2022 03:05 PM

karlswagan, AnalogDarling, few others...

The event of April were unexpected. I just needed time. :depressed:

In the past week or so, items have been going out again. The backlog should be clear this week. You'll get an email soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

amvoith 06-15-2022 06:56 PM

Sorry again to hear about your loss and hope you are doing well lordsmurf.

lateralus 06-16-2022 04:42 PM

Lordsmurf - I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hope you are doing well otherwise.

karlswagan 08-25-2022 07:05 PM

I understand, I lost a coworker suddenly last month. Tomorrow isn't promised, and sometimes you need to take time to grieve or grapple with whatever life throws at you.

lordsmurf 08-26-2022 04:50 PM

I just wanted to update this post...

Theogen, karlswagan, amvoith, lateralus: Thanks, loss can be hard to deal with, and time is always needed to process. Not just emotionally, but the many tasks you now have to face.

To others reading, all backlogs have been dealt with. :congrats:

And at the moment, only a handful of TBCs are left. (The world of TBCs is currently an arid desert.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlswagan (Post 86542)
Lordsmurf, I sent an email with my new address information which you replied to, but I haven't heard from you

I'll email you back tomorrow. :)

Rno_1 09-22-2022 07:01 PM

I'm looking around for an NTSC TBC. When you get info on those NTSC DataVideo models, could you please PM me, lordsmurf?

pkntl 09-29-2022 11:33 AM

Lordsmurf, any updates on the TBC I purchased?

Chupperson 11-14-2022 12:30 PM

Just checking in to see if you have an estimate when the rest of your shipments might get done or where I am on the waiting list. Thanks.

lordsmurf 12-19-2022 05:57 AM

@Chupperson, TBC sent, enjoy!
@pkntl, PM me.

After a long dry spell, several months, I have several TBCs again. Due to health, TBC refurbs took longer than normal, in the back half of this year. But all are finished now, units ready to go. Anybody owed a TBC has gotten theirs, or is getting soon.

And I have a few left! :)

Remember, this isn't some random eBay crap in random condition, that won't work correctly, as sold by some random person (often some recycler) that doesn't know a TBC from a toaster. Refurb'ing and even rebuilding takes time and skill. My goal has always been to grant these devices a second wind, to last another decade or more. And so far, to my knowledge, since 2016, it's been happening. And I'm quite proud of that.

lordsmurf 01-05-2023 01:17 AM

All NTSC+PAL TBCs are now on sale for a limited time. Need to move a few units. :noworry:

Mack 01-09-2023 01:32 PM

I am interested in a PAL TBC.

t4c0c4t 01-11-2023 10:34 PM

I'm looking for a TBC that can handle circuit bends in a live video performance scenario. Would the blue DataVideo produce desirable results (No drops, smooth interpolation)? Currently using a Videotronics MX1 and looking for something smaller.

lordsmurf 02-12-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t4c0c4t (Post 88572)
I'm looking for a TBC that can handle circuit bends in a live video performance scenario. Would the blue DataVideo produce desirable results (No drops, smooth interpolation)? Currently using a Videotronics MX1 and looking for something smaller.

If you're patient, I'll have something for this, PM me to be put on wait list. :cool:

The blue is somewhat more hit-or-miss, hence only a TBC(ish), not 100% reliable TBC, and priced as such, but still way better than the MX-1.

aoe204 02-14-2023 02:58 PM

Hi, I am looking to purchase a premium workflow set up to transfer VHS tapes. I have a Mac studio and edit with Davinci resolve. I could use some guidance.

tocayodj 05-12-2023 03:36 PM

What does clone mean?

Hey what does clone mean? Does that mean its not an original? Knock off?
Sorry im a bit new to this.

lordsmurf 05-12-2023 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tocayodj (Post 90774)
Hey what does clone mean? Does that mean its not an original? Knock off?
Sorry im a bit new to this.

No, a clone is not a knockoff, or a fake, or anything of the sort. :no2:

The AVT-8710 is actually a badged Cypress unit. Not "rebadged", as it was designed for badging (white labeling) to other brands. But other Cypress units exist, using the same or similar chips/boards. (But there's also many Cypress units that are different, and not at all desired, so beware!)

Since the AVT-8710 is well known (along with the TBC-1000), and the green vs. black issues are documented, it's vastly easier to refer to these similar units as "clones" (green clones, black clones). Because it's too much info for newbies to digest, and often an info overload to even more seasoned users.

NedB 07-18-2023 02:36 PM

Please add my name to the waiting list for a good TBC. By the way, does anyone here have a unit which he or she might rent to me for a month or two? Thanks for your help.

lordsmurf 09-25-2023 05:30 PM

Listing updated.
Have a few nice items again.
All gear backlogs clear, or soon to be clear. (PM/email if you need an update.)

kimblerulez 09-29-2023 12:06 AM

Lordsmurf,
I also would really appreciate an update please?

-- merged --

Hi all, I just wanted to publicly thank lordsmurf for my recent purchases and to reassure other buyers here that you are in very safe hands here with this gentleman. I bought a Cypress GL TBC and a Pinnacle 710 USB capture card which as you all know, do not come cheap. Lordsmurf's packing was excellent, double boxed, bubble wrapped and sent with expedited UPS which made for a quick and safe delivery. Both units are in superb condition and work perfectly, infact I digitised my first VHS tape within hours of receipt. It was a REAL pleasure doing business with you Sir! I love your work!

klipschorn 12-19-2023 05:06 PM

Lordsmurf,
I want to be part of the majority that received their product. lease give me an update to what is going on.
Thanks

-- merged --

Lordsmurf,
Still waiting for an update...

DeePeeGee 12-19-2023 09:42 PM

Lol hey guys, I was in the exact same spot as you last year. Be prepared to wait an ungodly amount of time but you'll get it eventually when Jupiter is aligned with Saturn, the weather report is favorable, the right UPS worker is working etc... Nice equipment when it arrives. Just wish he was more open about how long it takes to send things out in case someone is on any kind of deadline. Don't worry though. This is just how he operates.

No, I'm not putting up with this post. To "lol" here is despicable. 2022 was an awful year, and family members died. All of us here are still going through the stages of grief, mostly now reflecting, accepting. But to make matters worse, 2023 had some scary moments where we could have lost more. I don't know about some of you, but when family needs me, that's where I am.

It's not like you can schedule in advance when somebody will have a medical emergency, or pass away.

You already knew this, so I fail to see why you chose to post this. All this has accomplished is to piss me off.

98%+ of people at this site have been very understanding, as many have experienced these same things themselvse in recent years. I actually found comfort from them telling me their stories. I now consider at least one of them a friend. And noting that not everybody who got my gear was affected, many shipped out quite quickly.

It's only been a few people that bitched/moaned in public (all of whom had cheap items/projects, under $200 worth), even after being made aware of the situation. Quite frankly, they can fuck the hell right off. Someday they'll be in that situation themselves, nobody can avoid it. You will have loss, you will have scary times of near loss. I believe in karma, so whatever you dish out now, you will get back in multiples later. Better pick wisely.

-LS

Quote:

Nice equipment when it arrives.
Don't worry though.
^ This is what matters.

lordsmurf 12-20-2023 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klipschorn (Post 93692)
Lordsmurf,
I want to be part of the majority that received their product. lease give me an update to what is going on.
Thanks
-- merged --
Lordsmurf,
Still waiting for an update...

I don't like to comment on individual transactions publicly, but apparently a peanut gallery likes to scan these posts, looking for any chink in my armor, for any whiff of a complaint. So...

There was a problem with your payment, and I was waiting forever on the fintech to get back with me. I'll be contacting you via email. This will be easy to sort, and get it shipped right out.

Thanks. :congrats: