Quantcast For Sale: new ATI 600/AIW USB capture cards - Page 5 - digitalFAQ Forum
Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-06-2020, 11:04 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmlampe View Post
Im interested in both your ATI 600 USB ($135) and ATI AIW USB ($150).
If they're still available, would it be possible/not too late to package them with my incoming TBC?
Both are available, will PM.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Find television shows, cartoons, DVDs and Blu-ray releases at the TVPast forums.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-19-2020, 04:58 AM
Site Staff | Video

Updated the available capture cards. As of today, each card is now complete.

FYI, it can take months to track down all the little wires needed. (This reminds me of action figure weapons. Many people have the figures, but few still have those tiny plastic weapons! Those can be a real PITA to track down, and not cheap when you do.)

- Find television shows, cartoons, DVDs and Blu-ray releases at the TVPast forums.
12-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Free Member

Thank you for curating all of these cards! I was wondering if there's a difference b/t the ATI600 USB and the Hauppauge clone, in terms of video quality (i.e. might there be a video still samples somewhere?). I dug up an old windows 7 laptop that I hope both will work with, but the windows 10 compatibility does seem comforting, future-proofing wise, i.e. if my old computer craps out on me. Also, does the software come in a CD? A downloadable file? How does the quality of these USB cards compare to the AIW PCI card? (again, if there are video stills that might be most concrete).

Thanks!

Last edited by EnPaceRequiescat; 12-03-2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Adding a question
12-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnPaceRequiescat View Post
I was wondering if there's a difference b/t the ATI600 USB and the Hauppauge clone, in terms of video quality (i.e. might there be a video still samples somewhere?).
Quality? Not at all. The main difference in drivers.

Quote:
I dug up an old windows 7 laptop that I hope both will work with,
Use Win7 for your own sanity.

Quote:
but the windows 10 compatibility does seem comforting, future-proofing wise,
There's no guarantee of this. Win10 becomes a new OS every 6 months. It's not just "an update", but tends to fundamentally change how the computer works. So every 6 months, for the past few years, more and more hardware has become unusable.

Quote:
Also, does the software come in a CD? A downloadable file?
Sometimes I have original discs, sometimes not. But that may not matter. For example, even if I had a disc for the Hauppauge, it'd be 10 years old. The new Win10 drivers are available on the site, or the FTP.

Quote:
How does the quality of these USB cards compare to the AIW PCI card? (again, if there are video stills that might be most concrete).
The AIW has more exacting values, and also allows capture of illegal "blacker than black" and "whiter than white" to aid in restoration. If you're willing to build an XP box, you won't regret it. But if you're seeking a balance of newer hardware with older hardware, that's where the USB options come into play. The Pinnacles (not just any Pinnacle, but these certain submodels) are actually the best USB, and have Win10 drivers as well.

It's made these sorts of comparisons before:
- AIW PCI = fine steak, good cut
- AIW USB = steak
- Pinnacle = brisket
- ATI 600 = gourmet hamburger

... as opposed to some like an Easycap, which is like rotten dog food.

There is a definite quality difference, but it cane be nuanced. The card chosen depends on the tapes, much like VCR and TBC. And then it has other considerations like OS, motherboard, and even cost.

Stills don't really show this adequately.

01-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Site Staff | Video

Updated.

01-25-2021, 03:19 PM
Site Staff | Video

Well, those cards went fast. I'm now down to only 1 each for most cards.

02-07-2021, 05:23 PM
Free Member

Hello! We spoke some time ago regarding equipment I'd be interested in purchasing. You see, my entire house burned to the ground and I have since relocated, thus explaining my delay in replying.

I am a VHS collector and in search of the following:
Panasonic AG-1980
JVC sv10u
Datavideo TBC-1000 or TBC-3000 or ATI-600/etc
BVP4+
Perhaps some Vidicraft hardware as well or anything else interesting.

Thank you good sir!

Last edited by filmnoobies; 02-07-2021 at 06:16 PM.