Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-15-2022, 02:41 PM
Free Member

Looking for your recommendation based on what you have left for sale on what would be best option for using with Windows 10 via USB. I am using Toshiba W808 S-VHS VCR running through Panasonic DMR-ES10.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-12-2022, 02:23 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
- ATI 600 USB clone (Tevion), $150, WinXP/Vsta/7/8 work well, Mac to 10.14, ignores anti-copy - 3 available
Do you still have any of these available?
03-14-2022, 08:22 PM
Free Member

Hi @Theogen

I bought lordsmurf one of these last week and paid him already, so I assume he has 2 left? I'm not sure, perhaps he can answer that question better than me
04-26-2022, 03:40 PM
Free Member

Greetings lordsmurf,
I'm looking for an ATI 600 USB. Would you have one available?
05-26-2022, 12:53 PM
Unconfirmed User

PM sent about the ATI 600 USB clone (Tevion) that works with a Mac too.

Erich
06-24-2022, 01:42 PM
Free Member

Could you please check your email or PMs, @lordsmurf?
07-17-2022, 07:14 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
All caught up on capture cards.

Some of these are older questions/comments, but replying anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDClown View Post
Looking for your recommendation based on what you have left for sale on what would be best option for using with Windows 10 via USB. I am using Toshiba W808 S-VHS VCR running through Panasonic DMR-ES10.
One of the few viable cards in Win10 is the specific Pinnacle USBs I carry, which I try to always have in stock, though it can be tough at times. Most good capture cards are getting tough to find, complete, working. Enjoy your card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogen View Post
Do you still have any of these available?
Yep! I try to always have cards, and update the first post of this thread as soon as new cards are available, or cards are sold. So it's rarely outdated. When it doubt, PM me. Enjoy your card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by javidial View Post
Hi @Theogen
I bought lordsmurf one of these last week and paid him already, so I assume he has 2 left? I'm not sure, perhaps he can answer that question better than me
Yep! The unfortunate events from the first few months of the year caused some understandable delays, backlogs, but all capture cards are now caught up. Same for workflows, TBCs, and VCRs. Many people already have their gear, and have for some time now (months). But the last few packages are finally out, no more backlogs. Phew! Enjoy your card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major17Wood View Post
Greetings lordsmurf,
I'm looking for an ATI 600 USB. Would you have one available?
@lordsmurf Can you give me an update on the ATI 600 purchase?
I did, now I don't. You got one of my last ones. Enjoy your card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELinder View Post
PM sent about the ATI 600 USB clone (Tevion) that works with a Mac too.
Erich
PM replied. Enjoy your card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by See D0S run View Post
Could you please check your email or PMs, @lordsmurf?
Yep! Email and PM inbox are still bottomless pits, but digging out the backlogged messages, at least 66% done now. Messages replied, card sent. Enjoy your card!

... and done here for now.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-15-2022, 12:14 AM
Premium Member

Hey checking to see if you have any left and your best recommendation for a USB capture card for the following setup. I have a HP ENVY x360 m6 convertible laptop running Windows 10. I do also have access to a desktop Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 7 Professional. I have two very similar model Sony VCR/DVD units available to use, the RDR-VX515 and the SLV-D360P. I realize after reading the guides and forum posts, a TBC and high-quality VCR are important aspects of the process, not sure those upgrades are in the cards right now though. So, I thought I would start with the capture card. Thank you for the help.
12-19-2022, 05:45 AM
Site Staff | Video

^ PM'd.

After more than a year, I have another rare AIW! The 600s are getting rarer in the past year, that well may go dry someday. At least for now, I'm able to locate the correct Pinnacles, I have a source. We'll see how long that lasts. Each year, gear seems to dwindle.

Anyway, new cards listed, PM me if you need a quality card.

01-14-2023, 01:02 AM
Free Member

Hi lordsmurf

I'm a new member here and was hoping to buy a capture unit. Is there still a Pinnacle USB, NTSC available? I'm looking to capture two family VHS tapes and preserve the interlaced format if possible (I use 525-line CRT monitors regularly) from my pretty milquetoast VCR. I have Windows XP SP3 and Windows 10 machines available, so I'm not too worried about OS compatibility.

Thank you

- Bass
02-09-2023, 01:32 AM
Free Member

Resolved. Enjoy the card. -LS

Im getting a bit worried...
I paid lordsmurf for a pinnacle usb card on january 24. I have sent several PMs after that, but no answer?
02-09-2023, 04:33 PM
Free Member

I'm in the exact same situation and have been waiting for a while to see when I would post about it. My payment was mid-January. At 'Last Activity' there is a very recent login, so we probably shouldn't think the worst about his health I suppose. But that's why it's so suspicious. I think Lordsmurf is one of the most committed and well-informed members of this forum. That's why I trusted it to do a purchase. Does anyone have more information?
02-10-2023, 02:10 AM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyme View Post
Im getting a bit worried...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVR View Post
I'm in the exact same situation
Patience.

We were repeatedly hit by nasty destructive winter weather in mid/late Jan, bleeding into early Feb. There were many days which we sat in the dark with no power, no heat. Not fun. Not as bad as 2021, but it still sucked. Even the nearby cell towers were affected, so no phone or 'net either.

Additionally, indeed, a serious medical issue, though not myself. But it did take time to help out. And that person is now slowly recovering, long road ahead.

I've been contacting folks this week, one by one, sending out gear.

This too often happens since 2020. I have to go dark for a few days/weeks (as has been the case since 2012, so nothing new), but people freak out now. If I reply to a quick easy questions (for me, at least), folks think they're being ignored because I didn't contact them first. Just chill. No worries. Don't assume the worst. I'm a person, not Amazon Prime.

Good gear is coming to your mailbox soon.

Not everybody gets affected this way, just a few here and there. But it's always resolved.

The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: somerandomguy (08-07-2023)
04-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Free Member

lordsmurf, can you edit your original post to specify which Pinnacle USB models you have and keep separate stock counts for them? Since they're not the same I think it would be appropriate
04-01-2023, 05:47 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzomba View Post
lordsmurf, can you edit your original post to specify which Pinnacle USB models you have and keep separate stock counts for them? Since they're not the same I think it would be appropriate
What I have is a specific version, of a specific model, of a Pinnacle card. Not just random Pinnacle cards.

The PAL and NTSC are different. Technically, both do both, but generally card performance is degraded for the other format.

I purposely don't mention the models. Why? Because Pinnacle (and Hauppauge) had the bad habit of recycling the model numbers, using the same number for multiple cards that were not at all the same internally.

If I mentioned the model, somebody would surely see "the same" (not same) model on eBay/wherever, and buy it because "it's cheaper" (because it's NOT the same!) than what I offer.

Worse still, those known-bad cards would actually make my suggestions seem bad, as I had suggested or offered "the same" (not!) model.

These differences are often not written on the card, as the manufacturer didn't want you to know changes had been made. It's not too different from modern issues with SSDs and HDDs (and Linus has made quite a few gripe videos about this bad faith act by hardware manufacturers in recent years).

Sometimes little things, such as font work, can give clues. But it's not conclusive. You have to break open the units to verify, and you're not going to find a Joe Seller on eBay that's cooperative with this. You'll have a hard time just trying to convince the person that the 1 lb (literally) Pinnacle software manual is worthless, waste of $$ to send it, and it can/should be chucked before shipping. I've heard stories where simply asking questions gets a person blocked from buying. WTF?

I test, vet, repair, clean, refurb, etc. I'm the easy button, no unknowns with my gear. If any usage questions, that's what the forum is for, and I answer all questions as best as I can, set you down a successful capturing path.

04-03-2023, 01:48 PM
Free Member

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying
04-04-2023, 02:14 PM
Free Member

Hi lordsmurf, I know you get a lot of messages so I thought maybe my PMs have been burried in your inbox and thought to reply here. I was just wondering if there was any kind of update on my order since I have not heard from you? I understand life happens, and I am patient, but would just like to know what is going on.
04-04-2023, 02:58 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermetic_charm View Post
Hi lordsmurf, I know you get a lot of messages so I thought maybe my PMs have been burried in your inbox and thought to reply here. I was just wondering if there was any kind of update on my order since I have not heard from you? I understand life happens, and I am patient, but would just like to know what is going on.
Yep, most everything was recently sent out, overlooked PM'ing your tracking.

04-04-2023, 06:52 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Yep, most everything was recently sent out, overlooked PM'ing your tracking.
Awesome news, thanks!
07-04-2023, 02:54 AM
Free Member

PM sent about the Pinnacle USB NTSC!