digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   Wanted: ATI AIW 9600 output adapter cable (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/8668-wanted-ati-aiw.html)

TechWizard 04-28-2018 04:12 PM

Wanted: ATI AIW 9600 output adapter cable

3 Attachment(s)
I have attached images of the cable for reference.

Willing to pay a reasonable amount for this. I will cover costs for shipping to the UK.

ehbowen 04-28-2018 07:18 PM

Did you buy the card off eBay? I did, too. Having looked, I would say your best bet is to find a complete NOS card here on the marketplace or perhaps from some reputable seller like Newegg or Amazon marketplace and save the card you bought from eBay as a spare in case the electronics ever crap out.

Edit To Add: Make sure you look for a NOS 9600; the connector on the 8500 (and, presumably, the 7500) looks the same...but it's not.

TechWizard 04-28-2018 07:28 PM

Yes I did buy it from eBay, I didn't check the auction properly, it comes with all the input cables, but I didn't think to check whether it needed a special output cable. I just assumed it would have had a monitor connector on the rear - oops!

I was thinking of buying a PCI graphics card for the output, but I doubt I'll have much luck getting two graphics cards to work together on Windows XP!

ehbowen 04-28-2018 09:01 PM

Yeah, that same eBay seller has snookered a lot of us. Including me. I was thinking about buying a NOS 9600 myself when I saw one on Amazon marketplace for $179, but I didn't pull the trigger on it. I did find a complete 8500 card on eBay for under $60 and I have it up and working now; that's how I know for sure that the connectors on the 8500 and 9600 are different. I have paid for an A-I-W system from (cough) parties who shall remain nameless for now but am still waiting for it to be delivered and to find out what kind of card it will have in it...if it's a 9600 then I'm already set with a spare; if not then perhaps I'll be jostling with you to find a 9600 card kit of my own.

I would caution you to make sure that whatever card you purchase is COMPLETE; I came across one guy who was advertising a "working pull" but when I asked him point blank whether the card was complete with ALL cables and connectors and that I intended to demand a refund if it wasn't then, surprise, I never heard back from him again. There are a few cards for which you CAN obtain cables; I found an AIW X1800 (for PCIe x16 systems) which arrived without the video-in video-out connector cables but it had standard DVI monitor outputs and I was able to obtain the VIVO cable at a reasonable cost from S-Video.com. Now I'm just hunting for a PCIe PC with a legitimate copy of Windows XP Pro to see if I can make it work. S-Video wasn't able to help me with the 9600, though.

My $58 8500 card is proof that you CAN get lucky, however. Good luck!