digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Blank Media (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/)
-   -   What DVD drive should I buy in 2021? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/11264-dvd-drive-buy.html)

gamemaniaco 12-11-2020 03:56 AM

What DVD drive should I buy in 2021?

you say that in the near future you will not manufacture and sell DVD player / recorder drives so as a precaution I will buy a DVD player and external recorder drive and store, which brand do you recommend to be the best?

Winsordawson 12-11-2020 01:12 PM

From what I recall shopping for a DVD burner a few years ago, Pioneer makes the best ones (though some Pioneer are better than others). You can find a lot of reviews for different burners on https://club.myce.com/

gamemaniaco 12-11-2020 01:56 PM

pioneer burn and read mdisc dvd?

lordsmurf 12-11-2020 02:05 PM

M-Disc compatibility is mostly contained to LG drives, not Pioneer. The conundrum here is that LG drives are not the best, and MDisc isn't the best either, so it's doubly mediocre burning.

gamemaniaco 12-11-2020 02:08 PM

Is MDisc as bad as you say?

LG is too bad drive?

lordsmurf 12-11-2020 02:11 PM

You're confused.

mediocre != bad
mediocre = not great, not necessarily good, but also not bad
good = good

gamemaniaco 12-11-2020 02:14 PM

what brand is good?

gamemaniaco 12-19-2020 08:12 AM

I'll buy a DVD reader / writer drive to store it and read and burn my discs in the future because the drives will no longer be manufactured, do you recommend buying an internal or external drive to use in the future? should i buy a CD and DVD only or bluray drive? I have MDisc and Verbatim AZO DVD discs

ehbowen 12-20-2020 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamemaniaco (Post 73423)
I'll buy a DVD reader / writer drive to store it and read and burn my discs in the future because the drives will no longer be manufactured, do you recommend buying an internal or external drive to use in the future? should i buy a CD and DVD only or bluray drive? I have MDisc and Verbatim AZO DVD discs

Check the media manufacturer's list of drives which they consider to be compatible with their products and select from those. It isn't fair to ask LS to recommend a specific drive; suppose you buy it and it turns out to be that ONE off the production line which wasn't up to snuff?...you'd blame him. (Yes, you would!)

Internal or external depends simply on your hardware and budget; the internals of the drive mechanism itself are likely to be similar for each manufacturer. If you have a tower computer with a free SATA port and open 5-1/4" drive bay then buy an internal if you can find one on the list which suits your tastes and budget; otherwise purchase an external.

Here's my recommendation, GM...if you're really that concerned, buy TWO burner drives. One Pioneer, as LS recommends, and one LG compatible with Blu-ray. Make multiple copies of your precious DVDs (you should, anyway) on three or four different kinds of media. Fifty years from now you can come back and tell us which ones best withstood the ravages of time and the humidity of the jungle.

Here's the compatibility list from Verbatim for M-Discs: Verbatim M-Disc Compatibility Chart.

gamemaniaco 12-20-2020 09:12 AM

internal or external drive in the future will internal sata driver or external USB drive be discontinued? what is the PC and drive connection further away?

bluray reader and recorder drive also burns and reads DVD and MDisc DVD

gamemaniaco 12-21-2020 04:19 AM

internal or external drive in the future will internal sata driver or external USB drive be discontinued? what is the PC and drive connection further away?

bluray reader and recorder drive also burns and reads DVD and MDisc DVD

gamemaniaco 12-23-2020 10:03 AM

please help my question