Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

from e-mail...

Quote:
I use Taiyo Yuden TY GO2 , -R DVD'S for for mastering and copying @ 0.34p each. [100% sucessful everytime ].However, I have recently purchased some 'own brand' vt tv DVD's 0.12p each from my supplier, VT TV ,for general TV crap.At least 50% fail on 'Read' or subsequent copying .Useless.Enviromentally unfriendly when binned . www. vt.tv
DVD Identifier identifies them as 'Taiyo Yuden TY GO2's everytime !This is not a mistake on my part as I am well versed on how to use DVD Identifier.The VT TV discs look very different yet persistently come up as
Taiyo Yuden's! Suggest you get some and try it yourself.Any answers , let me know . Thanks .
"House brand", "no-name" and "generic" discs are often of dubious quality, many times using the cheapest bottom-of-the-barrel media that can be bought and re-branded. Fake media IDs are quite common.

This VT.TV self-branded media is most likely fake media, not authentic Taiyo Yuden media.

The easiest way to spot fake media, aside from it's lack of official TY packaging, is the lack of proper hub stamper codes embedded on the discs themselves, physically. In the case of TYG02 media, the code "GGxxxxxx" should appear on the inner-most ring of the disc (the hub).

VT.TV, however, does seem to carry authentic Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs. At a higher price, of course!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors