08-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Free Member

In the childhood I liked to make origamies. Recently I found this origami cd maker which can make origami cases for CDs and DVDs. It is so interesting to make them!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

This is probably spam, but I'm leaving it "as is" because it brings up a good point to be made: DO NOT USE LABELS ON DVDs!!!

Even Memorex now has warnings (albeit in small font "fine print" on the back of the package) that DVD labels can render DVDs unreadable.

This is simply because DVDs have a very finite and precious balance, and a label usually causes an imbalance, making the disc wobble too much to be readable. It's not necessarily a wobble you can see or hear, but it is there.

You do not need special "label software" for making DVD cases, jewels cases or other artwork, either.
Any good program, especially Photoshop Elements ...
... can do this. And on top of that, you get multi-functional graphics/images/photo software. You can't really edit photographs in "DVD label" software, but you can surely make DVD labels in your photography/graphics software!

There is also no real need for "templates". When you go to make a new file in Photoshop, all you have to do is specify the size of the new document. Measure an old CD/DVD case label, or an empty new case, and then plug in those numbers. The only reason to use a template is because you are either (1) lazy, or (2) don't own a ruler. In many cases, templates are not the perfect size anyway, only your own measurements will create a pefectly sized image.

I still cannot figure out what "origami" has to do with CD/DVD labels.
Spammers... <sigh>

This spammed software is probably yet another barely-working cheapware ($10-35) program made by some Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese company. Nothing against those folks, but speaking in Engrish makes one look stupid. At least the website looks okay. (And if by some random chance you're not a spammer, and English is not your first language, then my apologies --- but I doubt that's the case!)

Verdict: DON'T BUY LABELS!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
08-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Two weeks later, another post has been made that better explained what this is supposed to be. It's an inexpensive $10 software that lets you turn regular 8.5x11 paper into a homemade disc sleeve with artwork.

It is interesting software.

See the new thread at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...e-cd-1554.html

Buy it from here for only $10: http://esd.element5.com/product.html...teid=200090279

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!