Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Free Member

Re: DVD+R 4.7GB 8X DataLifePlus, White Inkjet Printable, Hub Printable, 50pk Spindle - Product Number: 94812

http://www.verbatim.com/products/det...FFB6482BDA26B3

Does anyone know if these are manufactured by MCC, CMC or someone else. I can always buy them and do a media info check, but I'm hoping someone might know. It's easier to get what I want the first time (MCC) than dealing with the hassle of returning them.

Thanks,
Mark
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Those exact discs in your link, the ...
  • 8x
  • Verbatim
  • inkjet printable
  • DVD-R
  • DataLifePlus
... are going to be manufactured by Mitsubishi, using Mitsubishi materials and disc specs, and fill feature the media ID MCC02RG20

I have about 500 of the 8x versions of the discs right now myself, and they burn perfectly. These were bought from Meritline on sale some weeks back. However, the price is even better now! I highly suggest buying your Verbatim discs through Meritline.
But if for some reason you don't like Meritline, you can also see what Supermediastore has available:

Some of those other stores found on the page in your link are places I would not necessarily suggest for buying Verbatim blanks. Plus their prices aren't all that great anywhere, including taxes and shipping (where applicable).

These would be my top suggestion for the best blank inkjet discs available, period. (This includes the 4x, 8x and 16x Verbatims.)

Hope that helps.

... and welcome to the site!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
06-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Free Member

Thank you for your help. From what I've read here & elsewhere the Verbatim MCCs are top notch, but the CMCs are to be avoided. I need to resupply, have an Amazon gift certificate & they have the DVDs I asked about on sale for $16.99/50 (free shipping if I spend over $25, so I reckon I'll be getting 2 packs of 50). Thank you again for your help!
06-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

To avoid the CMC manufacturer / CMC-ID media, simply do not buy the Verbatim Value Series or Verbatim Life Series.
Again, discs. DO NOT BUY those discs.

What you want -- do want -- is the Verbatim DataLife or Verbatim DataLifePlus discs. It's usually on the labels, though not always.
  • YES = DataLife, DataLifePlus
  • NO = Value Series, Life Series
Hope that clears it up better for you.

Here's a link to Amazon, too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...reative=390957
By using our links, you help support this site. Thanks.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!