Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

continued from email...
Remember to ask all media-related questions in the forum for the quickest answers. Thanks!

Quote:
I noticed that on your review of Blank DVD media... you mentioned that that would be updated in early 2010.

I am getting ready to archive my home movies. Do you have the update results??? Thank you for providing the information.

Kenny
Hi Kenny, welcome to the site!

The blank DVD media review, which lists and reviews the best blank DVDs, is re-reviewed regularly against research data, to see if anything should change.

While it often doesn't appear to change much, it's just because the media industry moves like a snail.

Although many people use a cliche like "technology's always changing," it's not really all that true or accurate. Some things just don't change much. Ain't broken, ain't gettin' fixed! (Or even when it is broken, still nothing changes.)

Most of what's planned for 2010 is expansions on the current information.

If there's something in particular that you'd like to know, just ask a follow-up post here.

For archiving home movies, I highly suggest the Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media being linked to off the media guide. See those at http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

Tip: If buying Verbatim, and you insist on shopping in stores, do NOT buy the "Value Series" or "Life Series" version discs. You want the AZO DataLife or DataLifePlus media ONLY. JVC Taiyo Yuden isn't really found in stores easily. Also don't buy years-old JVC media, from the pre-TY days -- it'd be old stock with pre-2009 date.

But buying online, from reliable stores we linked to, would be your best bet.

Thanks.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors