Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Free Member

I've already started a similar thread about Verbatim DL Media but I thought maybe a separate thread on SL media might be in order since they are slightly different beasts. If the moderator sees fit to combine this with the previous thread please do so.

The current Verbatim DVD+R offerings that I am considering are as follows:

94812 DVD+R 4.7GB 8X DataLifePlus, White Inkjet Printable, Hub Printable, 50pk Spindle

$36.99/100PK (Meritline)

Note that this PN is actually for a 50PK so this may be for 2 packs (I am awaiting an answer from customer service).

94917 DVD+R 4.7GB 16X DataLifePlus, White Inkjet Printable, Hub Printable 50pk Spindle

$16.99 + $7.28 ($24.27) (Meritline)

95145 DVD+R 4.7GB 16X White Inkjet Printable 100pk Spindle

$40.07 (Amazon)

95098 DVD+R 4.7GB 16X Branded 100pk Spindle

$21.99 (Amazon)

My question is, are these all "good" discs no matter where they are manufactured? Also, what is the difference between the DataLifePlus and the non-DataLifePlus brands? Is the extra cost for the DataLifePlus brand justified? As before, please answer only if you have reliable information about or experience with these specific brands.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Same answers as the DL thread.
I actually have at least 100 of each of the discs you've linked to, many of them coming from those same stores (Amazon and Meritline).

Quote:
Note that this PN is actually for a 50PK so this may be for 2 packs (I am awaiting an answer from customer service).
It is, yes. I have a the "200-pack" order, which is four 50-disc spindles.
That's how it is for all of the Verbatim inkjet discs sold by Meritline in the non-branded (branded = blue/orange or blue/purple) packaging.

Right now I have about 2,000 Verbatim discs for masters for projects that extend through January.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
08-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Same answers as the DL thread.
That's what I was hoping.

Quote:
I actually have at least 100 of each of the discs you've linked to, many of them coming from those same stores (Amazon and Meritline).
That's the kind of personal experience I was looking for. Thank you.

Quote:
It is, yes. I have a the "200-pack" order, which is four 50-disc spindles.
That's how it is for all of the Verbatim inkjet discs sold by Meritline in the non-branded (branded = blue/orange or blue/purple) packaging.
Thanks. I still haven't gotten a response from them.