Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Free Member

I am working with a customer that has 2 Vinpower Digital Titan Pro Autoloader machines (IDE models - CD/DVD). Both are in need of repair. I am wondering if anyone out there may hyave schematics for these machines so I can ensure everything is connected properly.

I have tried contacting Vinpower Digital directly and have gained some basic information but nothing related to the wiring in the machine. They are pretty much telling me I will have to buy a new machine to get support (for the new machine purchased) since the machines the customer has are not covered under warranty.

I am just looking for a schematic so I can repair the machines he has or figure out which component is faulty so I can replace it.

Here is a link to the machine I am working with: Vinpower Digital Titan Pro

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

This is what I would do:
- Where did you buy it?
- Who else sells it?

Connect with vendors that resell the duplicator, and them see what any of them may know. In the disc media fields, things are a bit more "clued in" on the vendor side. Linkyo, for example, has employees that know quite a bit about blank media, burners, duplicators, etc. (Linkyo owns Supermediastore.com. Not sure if they ever sold this specific product, however.)

I've come across quite a bit of good information that way, in past years.

That's also VERY crappy that Vinpower is unwilling to repair, or assist in a repair, of their products. They can't stand behind their own products? That's really quite unacceptable. If there are competing products, for this exact sort of duplication need you have, I'd go that route for any future purchases. (I'd need to know more about your exact needs, before putting forward any kind of suggestion.)

If Vinpower never released documentation for these machines, and third parties are not allowed to repair them, then it's unlikely that any schematic documentation is out there, in the wild.

A last-ditch attempt may be for patent documents. If this is a unique product, and is patented, many times patents have detailed plans. Few people realize what those free government documents have stored in them!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Free Member

The machines were bought directly from Vinpower Digital unfortunately.

Thanks for the patent idea. I will give that a shot.

Thanks again,
Matt
05-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I would strongly consider alternative brands, for future purchases.
This also serves as a good warning for others considering a Vinpower Digital product. Not a good company, to treat you that way.

What, precisely, drew you to Vinpower in the first place?
Maybe we can help you pick out a better model, from another manufacturer, should it be necessary.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
05-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Free Member

I am not the purchaser just trying to repair them for a local shop. I assume they were chosen due to their units being cose effective at the time (it was several years ago).

I am just trying to get the boards wired up correctly. The pinouts on the boards (particularly the arm/robot control board) changed depending on the revision used. I have a v3.0 board and a couple of the 1.0 boards but I have found the wiring to be reversed on the motor control which leads me to question the remaining wiring so I just wanted to confirm with actual documentation produced by the manufacturer or a tech that may have some of the information recorded.

Matt