Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Free Member

Does anyone have any background or company information on AMERICOPY.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

There's a number of companies that have the name Americopy (or AmeriCopy). Where did you hear/read about this company, and in what context was it in? (I'd like to assume it's about blank optical media, but I don't really like to assume things too often.)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
06-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Free Member

They produce blank dvd/cd media and accessories such as dvd cases, etc. They are sold by Amazon, Ebay and many other companies. I have searched and cannot find any manufacturing or contact info for them.
06-09-2011, 04:48 AM

Based on the images of products, Americopy is just a private label brand, and not a manufacturer of those products. No more than Meritline, which has a house brand of low-price (and to some degree, lower quality) empty CD/DVD cases and supplies. Based off the Amazon reviews alone, the Americopy black plastic DVD cases are possibly of very low quality, a mix of warped/deformed and broken product. If I had to wager on it, I would even bet the cases smell bad, like cheap petrol products generally do. Some of the jewel cases and sleeves seem to be great deals, however.

Is there a reason you need info on Americopy?
Perhaps we could give some better advice on other manufacturers or stores with media supplies/cases?

06-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Free Member

Yes I have a website where I sell media products and I am looking for low price DVD cases, one disc to multi-disc cases. Do you have any suggestions for cases or suppliers
06-09-2011, 10:40 AM

If you want cheap, you can always browser Alibaba for manufacturers wanting to sell their wares for low cost.
DVD cases has it's own category: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/dvd-case.html

A higher quality manufacturer, however, would be somebody like Amaray: http://www.amaray.com/
Even more premium would be U.S. Plastics, at http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/def...arentcatid=451

A lot of your decision is based on your needed price point, which is somewhat determined by your customer base, which may depend on your physical location. I know -- that's a lot of if's. I know several reps are quite a few media companies, and I've never considered discussing this topic, as we do for the actual blank discs. But maybe I should start....