Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-22-2011, 04:54 AM
Free Member

Your Where to buy DVD media page asked for suggestions for vendors. I highly recommend B&H, we have used them often (photo stuff mostly) and they are very reliable, reasonably priced, carry good quality products, and provide great customer service.

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Hi, thanks for writing in with your suggestion.

However, I don't really see a lot of good blank DVD media at B&H.

They're mostly carrying:
  • No-name junk: Aleratec, HHB, Everfocus, Primera
  • The so-called "archival" gold DVDs that are no more archival than the no-name media: Delkin
  • Re-branded CMC or Ritek (non-oxonol) media, which is not suggested: Fujifilm, Maxell, TDK
  • JVC Taiyo Yuden at inflated prices (compare to Amazon, Supermediastore, Meritline or shop4tech)
B&H is a great store for buying Nikon DSLR cameras, Canon DSLR cameras, Nikkor/Sigma/Canon L lenses, etc.
Same for all the timebase correctors, video cameras, etc.
But not for blank discs, sadly. It's a mix of garbage and overpriced decent blanks. It's not a smart buy.

You can find the latest best blank DVD prices at http://www.digitalFAQ.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

Thanks.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Free Member

Over the years I have found that B&H is indeed sightly more expensive than other dealers, especially those online. However, this varies--one should always compare prices before buying. If you happen to live in the area, B&H's large inventory is a plus. It's also a tourist attraction due to a overhead conveyor system that ships products throughout the store.