Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Free Member

Hey guys,
does anyone have any experiences with BD-R media from "exotic" manufacturers - Daxon, Infomedia, Prodisc, ISMM, LG or Optodisc? Thanks.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Free Member

I got some blu-ray equipment about 1 1/2 months back, Pioneer burner and Panasonic BD player.
Picked up blanks, some Verbatim and Optical Quantam(25GB).
Haven't used the verbatim yet since mostly experimenting with getting the movies onto discs as movie only, without the extras. (Getting software progs, then testing to make sure I understand what I am doing)
The Optical Quantams have burned well and playback looks great.
The ones of these that many have recommended and which I got have R04 in the ID, I think they ID as philips R04.
You should be able to find them for approx. a dollar per disc.
I read up on the doom forum, there are a good many that are using various brands and claim to be doing well with just about
any brand they are using except ritek...and even those are reported as being better now than when they started making them.
Also found out that a good many are resistant to using the LTHs.
So I bought the Verbatims that are not LTHs.
As of yet, I don't know about the longevity of the Optical Quantams but some have burned over 200 discs of the R04 as far back as 10 months ago and they are still good.
So for now I will stick with the regular Verbatims and the Optical Quantams, I don't see any reason on taking a chance on any others since these 2 have a good track history so far.
I don't know however if the Optical Quantams are available where you are, you may want to check out a forum or 2 in your area to see what does well.
The following users thank Steve(MS) for this useful post: dyfan (08-02-2011)