Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have any information on KODAK DVD's. I see them on sale a lot. I am just wondering about the quality.
Continued from email. Remember to ask all tech questions in the forum for quickest responses. Thanks.

Kodak is just a brand name, not a manufacturer of blank optical media. You'll need to inspect the disc for the media ID, to learn you manufactured the disc. In all likelihood, it's a lower-grade manufacturer like Moser Baer (MBI) or MAM-A. Don't buy these discs on promises of being "archival" or "gold" or any such nonsense.

For more information on blank DVDs, see the guide: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

I'd much rather buy TDK in local stores (RitekF1, RitekF16).
Or better yet, get some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim discs from an online store like Amazon, SMS or Meritline. See the review for best current deals.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors