Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Premium Member

Hey, what's up? I took your (digitalfaq) advice and ordered 200 of the Verbatim 16x printable DVD-Rs from the DF link to Meritline. Of course, I had to sign up for yet another account, password, etc. Jeez, I must have 1000 by now. Anyway, the DVD reviews were glowing, so I'm sure they'll be fine. I'm actually down to my last pack of MCC Verbatims that you warned us to get, or else, a few years ago. I got 1000 of them then, so it's definitely taken some time (more now, because I'm making BDs like a crazy person).

I wanted to post this on DF, but I don't see one darn place where it says Post Something, Post a new message, etc. The new post button is hard to find, and I've yet to find it. There is a button for New Posts, which gave me a glimmer of hope, but all it is is the collection of most recent posts. Anyway, I would like to know how to post on DF!

I donated $10 to you, as you might have seen.

Take care.
KCTexan

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctexan View Post
ordered 200 of the Verbatim 16x printable DVD-Rs from the DF link to Meritline.
From the review, no doubt: Blank DVD Media Quality Review

Meritline has good prices, and that's a great disc to get. I'd stock up with as many as you think you need. Having too many is honestly better than not having enough and finding out Verbatim doesn't make blanks anymore. Not that this is the case -- but it has been with other companies in the past! I sadly remember TDK, Pioneer, Maxell and Daxon/Sony all going under. Many of the best discs ever made no longer get made.

Quote:
I wanted to post this on DF,
Posted it for you.

Quote:
but I don't see one darn place where it says Post Something, Post a new message, etc. The new post button is hard to find, and I've yet to find it. There is a button for New Posts, which gave me a glimmer of hope, but all it is is the collection of most recent posts. Anyway, I would like to know how to post on DF!
It's not on the homepage of the forum -- it's only in the subforums (where the topics are).
And you have to be logged in -- it doesn't show up for guests or anybody not logged in to the site.

Right here:

newthread-button.jpg

This isn't the first message from confused users. Although this site is using the standard forum layout, I'll see about adding an explanation to the forum dropdown menu, as well as changing "New Posts" to "Latest Posts" (which would be more accurate).

You must've just been too tired.

Quote:
I donated $10 to you, as you might have seen.
Much appreciated.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs