Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Free Member

Hi everybody and thank you in advance for your assistance. This is my first post at the DigitalFAQ forums.

I'd like to know your opinions on the best choice for blank DVD media since Verbatims are getting extremely hard to find where I live and the Taiyo Yuden (JVC) brand has never been available in my country. Double layer Verbatims are still relatively easy to find, but I consider a waste of space to use one of those discs to burn any material that perfectly fits a 4.7 GB DVD. I've always bought Verbatims, but I've been looking for them from around a month or so ago with no success. Since it seems that I can't buy any of the unanimously considered best DVDs anymore, I'd like to know what other options are recommended. Thank you one more time!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

RitekF media is a good candidate. That's Ritek manufactured media using Fuji's oxonol dyes.
Sony and TDK DVD-R are quite often RitekF media these days.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
RitekF media is a good candidate. That's Ritek manufactured media using Fuji's oxonol dyes.
Sony and TDK DVD-R are quite often RitekF media these days.
I purchased these recently: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000PJV6AO
They are media ID RITEKF01 and have had zero coasters. If the Verbatim MCC or the TY aren't available, try these.