Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Free Member

I want to reduce the amount of space that my DVD collection takes up. I have been comparing the DiscSox and Atlantic sleeves...does anyone have an opinion on which is better? Or is there another "think outside the box" alternative that would work (comic books sleeves, etc.)?

I would like to be able to preserve the outside artwork without folding it/altering it, and store the disk with the sleeve.

Also---best source for best price? I would need to buy around 400 of them to start.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Former Site Staff | Computers

Using disc sleeves of any kind or CD/DVD wallets will scratch the discs over time from being pulled in/out.

The best way to archive the discs and artwork is to use an empty 50 count DVD/CD spindle and store the artwork in a file folder. The reason to use the spindles is the discs will rest evenly on top of one another on the slight raise in the center, so the optical area is never actually touching the disc below it preventing scratches. Not to mention a spindle can take up less space than a bulky wallet or pile of discs in sleeves.

http://www.cdrom2go.com/product/usdm...om_675_657.htm has them for a good price.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Free Member

Probably the most space-saving solution and good for avoiding scratches too no doubt. Not so handy though, if you actually want to play some of those discs sometimes