Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Free Member

If I can't get any help or ideas from my previous posts . I am left with one or 2 last options .
Getting the
JVC TY Silver ink jet printable DVD-SPP600SK16 DVD-r 16x
JVC Taiyo Yuden (DVD-WPPSB16-WS) Water Shield DVD-R 16X ( I like the fact of the not scratch)

I read these are the best DVD-ZZ100SB16 but come with the shiny thermal coating. As I really hoped for branded , second ink jet . are the other JVC TY models numbers as good as the
DVD-ZZ100SB16 ?

The new JVC Archival Grade DVD-R that are coming out are out of the question there in the hundreds of dollars , I just read on there sight. How they say gold is junk again yet they sold gold for a while . ?

Last question . I found some Phillips and Fuji branded on line made in Taiwan .Are they even a option compared to my other 3 posts . anyone please help I have a project coming up and need to copy all my dvd's to the best media . but really like branded logo ones first . I'm not going to be making any artwork or fancy covers . If nothing works I will end up with the ink printable silver JVC 100 pack .

None of my dvd's will ever be in the direct sunlight or out of the house for that matter . if that makes a difference .

Thanks in advance for any help .
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I like burning on inkjet media anyway.

I don't really care for shiny media. It honestly was not intended to be used as-is, without screen printing. The media can stick to one another. Branded media doesn't do that, inkjet media doesn't do that.

Fuji can be okay. Newer discs should be RitekF.
Philips might be RitekF, which is fine -- or CMC, which is not.
Verbatim Mitsubishi discs are still better.

Put it this way -- RitekF is great for duplicating.
For masters, I would only use Verbatim/MCC DVD+R/DVD-r, or TY JVC DVD-R.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: sa5150 (04-29-2013)
04-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Free Member

Thanks , Which ones are the Verbatim/MCC , What should I be looking for and what country should it say ? I hope there the AZO .
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Free Member

JVC Taiyo Yuden (DVD-WPPSB16-WS) Water Shield , are these worth the extra money ? they come in 50 packs . Sounds great for not being able to get scratched as easy .

If I can't find the good verbatim which are the best priced and branded , I'll go with either the TY silver ink (much cheaper then the water shield) , or just get the water shield and be done with it .
I should be able to figure out how to print on my Canon , it does have a holder for dvd/cd's .
04-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I like the TY discs. I'd get them from an authorized dealer only, like Supermediastore, Meritline, Amazon, or Newegg.
Verbatim can be found at one or more of those stores. I see it on sale all the time, too.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.