Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Same thing -- damaged polycarbonate (plastic).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

But it is sure that the the area of the dye and reflective layer will be affected or there is some hope that the disc remain good?
02-02-2014, 10:05 AM

Yes. I'm sure. Re-burn it.

The best example I can think of is 9/11, when the towers fell. Even though only some of the metal structure was damaged initially, it's was weaken and cascaded. When a rigid structure is weakened, bad things happen. The Columbia shuttle disaster over Texas is another. One damaged tile caused all that. Same principle here. Plastic, metal, ceramic, or otherwise.

It's science.

Just re-burn it.

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-02-2014, 10:10 AM

1 You know the email from an engineer at CMC Magnetics for me to ask him? does not have any email from engineer of CMC on her website

2 I am in need of DVD + R Dual Layer and here was one who found the disc Nipponic brand, I buy? is reliable and has good durability? seems that Nipponic uses materials Bayer
02-03-2014, 12:53 AM

1. No.
2. For DVD+R DL, use Verbatim and nothing else.

02-03-2014, 07:50 AM

1 is very difficult to find here verbatim, Verbatim DL media you have here are all false, DVD + R DL from Nipponic has some quality and good durability, I do not know who the factories Nipponic but they use materials Bayer

2 There are high quality medias like Taiyo, Mitsui and Verbatim with the same problem of plastic break that occurred with my Philips DVD + R?
02-05-2014, 05:17 AM

Verbatim is best. Use that. If you choose not to, then it's your gamble.

It would be very unusual from TY and Verbatim to have bonding issues, though it can happen rarely.

If you PM Site Staff again with impatient "please respond" PMs, you'll be banned again. As a Free Member, you'll sometimes have to wait several days minimum for us to respond. Again, read this post: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...-answered.html. Right now, we have projects, and are busy replying to Premium Members. Posts are never intentionally ignored here, but some take time to respond to.

If you don't want to spend more money and import better media, then you'll just have to risk your data. I'm not going to say "yes, buy XYZ unknown brand, it's secretly the best ever!" Not gonna happen!

02-05-2014, 05:22 AM

I apologize and thank you for your help

I will try verbatim although it is very difficult to find the original media, have only fake

you know who is the manufacturer of DVD + R DL Nippponic?
02-05-2014, 05:57 AM

Read the media ID: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/medi...a-quality.html

02-05-2014, 06:00 AM

I have not bought the media of Nipponic DVD + R DL 8.5GB so I have no way to verify what the manufacturer, I thought you knew this information, I have already got in contact with nipponic and they do not respond
02-09-2014, 08:16 AM

1 kpmedia what you know about this dye Cyanine dye is bad and easily presents problems with high temperature and humidity and light from lamps or the sun? Here where I live, temperatures drop to 40 degrees at most

2 as is the situation of Cyanine dyes nowadays?

3 kpmedia, as you discovered that my Philips DVD + R 16x AZO dye use and not use Cyanine CMC as the attendant told me? you have a high knowledge
02-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Cyanine based DVD dyes are terrible, but it's not used anyway. You don't have cyanine discs. That was mostly Princo and junk sold in Europe years ago.

If you store optical media in poor temperatures, even the best Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media, they'll all die prematurely. Think about it -- you "burn" media. If you get it hot again, you can screw up the dye. The bonding (glues) are suspectible to damage from extreme heat and cold too.

Don't store DVDs outside.

The CMC person may work at CMC, but he doesn't know squat about their products. That's not cyanine.

There's really nothing special about Brazil climates. No more so than Texas climates.

- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
02-09-2014, 08:34 AM

1 I still do not understand why the cmc attendant told me via email that my philips dvd + r 16x was cyanine, he said the cmc manufactured dvd + r 8x was AZO rise above 8x was cyanine, how do you know if this identifier philips 16x dvd + r 's rise ? has some feature on the disc ?

2 cmc also the attendant told me that philips 16x dvd discs manufactured by it has a life of 30 years using accelerated testing and stored at a temperature of 25 degrees and humidity of 30-50 % but I can not control the humidity and temperature and they oscillate much here where I live the temperatures here can reach a maximum of 40 degrees and when it rains the humidity is high

my disc:
02-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

The CMC person didn't know what he was talking about. Which is really sad, since he works there. Then again, I'm not surprised. CMC media is mostly crap. It probably is the result of having employees that don't know anything.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: gamemaniaco (02-15-2014)
02-09-2014, 11:48 AM

thanks admin

1 he (attendent) knows a lot, he gave me lots of information about the coloring but he does not know much and then he ask the engineer what is the dye used in my Philips DVD + R 16x the engineer said it was the Cyanine and that CMC used AZO up to 8x speed and above this speed is Cyanine not know if the epoch in which the disc was manufactured influences the choice of my ing the disc was made in 2010

2 I let this doubt about the dye used in philips dvd + r 16x manufactured by CMC in 2010 to resolve the digitalfaq with you because you guys have a lot of experience and knowledge on optical media

3 on a DVD + R has some element or material that block and prevent entry of moisture, oxygen inside the dvd+r disc?
02-15-2014, 11:09 AM

We've already told you about the CMC disc dye. Either you believe us, or you believe some moron.

The third question is this:
- Don't store DVD underwater.
- Aside from that, a polycarbonate and bonding provides decent protection from the elements. Though the bonding eventually breaks down, and that's one of the ways a disc will die in a few decades. Some have dye turn, others will have bonding issues.

The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: gamemaniaco (02-15-2014)
02-15-2014, 11:45 AM

thanks for the help

1 I am not believing what he says, I believe in you, I just wanted to know how you guys manage to differentiate and know which dye is used on a philips dvd cmc

2 cmc using azoic dye on dvd + r 16x since what year? the difference between rise and azoic?

3 glue also protects the dvd and prevents ingress of moisture and oxygen into the disc? my dvd this with a piece of broken plastic in the center of the disc but the disc is glued around
02-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Since around 2004 -- at least 10 years now.
Broken "plastic" (polycarbonate) is not a good thing. I suggest re-burning the disc to one that's 100% perfect.

The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: gamemaniaco (02-15-2014)
02-15-2014, 02:21 PM

1 How you found it since 2004, nor the cmc have this information, you are well informed and thanks for the help

2'll burn another disc in a dvd disc in good glue protects and prevents ingress of moisture and oxygen into the disc?
02-15-2014, 05:39 PM

thanks

1 like you found that the cmc uses azo dye in philips dvd + r 16x since 2004? this information can not answer the cmc, cmc uses the philips dvd in the azo or azoic and the difference between them? they do not know anything and are saying that is cyanine but I believe in you the digitalfaq

2 I will buy new dvd discs and burn them exactly as you said, about the glue used on the discs dvd, it really has the ability to block and prevent the entry of moisture, oxygen inside the disc?

3 I keep my discs cd and dvd within a rack and that rack there is a 29'' CRT TV, dvd player and receiver for parabolic antenna, there is some problem such discs are next to these items? this rack is the best place where I can store discs because it is in an open and ventilated room

Tags
problems discs