03-25-2014, 04:57 AM
Free Member

I read this post on the suggested DVD Writer drives (internal). Is it that any models manufactured by those companies are good? Any order of preference, or all those brands are same (except Pioneer being the best)? SATA is better than IDE?

I do not see Pioneer selling DVD Writer drives in my part of the world.

My current LG Writer that came with the Desktop computer is giving me trouble. It won't open the tray even after pressing the eject button. However, it opens if I give it a kick, could be a mechanical issue with the tray. The drive is 5 years old anyway, so I think it is time to replace it.

Regards

Last edited by naripeddi; 03-25-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-21-2014, 02:11 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Did you ever get a new DVD burner? If so, what did you decide on?

If non-Pioneer drives are all you can find, then that's what you'll need to get.
I'm not surprised the LG drive crapped out on you -- LG makes lousy DVD burners. They're infamous.

I know we'd gone over this topic in 1-2 other related posts, so this one was probably duplicate/overlap for you.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs