Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-23-2015, 02:42 AM
Free Member

Hi. I discovered your site using google keywords of "cd quality test." I am in need of transferring hundreds of older CDR's to new DVD+R's, the former have my programming code projects (many are daily version steppings). I don't want to lose that work. And my keywords were meant to help me find a site that can provide me with some great drives and discs to purchase from today's stores for archival purposes. I have used Plextor drives and mainly Sony DVD+R's but could change that easily from what I read here.

BTW, you talk about "crummy discs" and here is one thing I experienced which I find funny: It was a dual layer DVD burnable disc that I accidentally dropped years ago onto my basement concrete floor (years ago). The disc hit dead edge-on. It bounced back upward about one inch but at the same time, all of the layers seemed to separate in spectacular fashion. I have never really trusted dual-layer burnable discs...I know exactly how they work but cannot afford any errors. Thanks!

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-23-2015, 07:54 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
If you want DVD+R, you want these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F5EHGH2QZQERF5

... and from Amazon. Those are MCC discs, and you won't find those in local stores.

DL media is honestly not different than SL media, when it comes to splitting apart. Both can do it. I've seen high grade Verbatim/MCC DVD-R split in half before. Remember, disc platters are glued. It's good, but if it hits something hard when the right force, and an unlucky angle ... goodbye disc!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs