digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Blank Media (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/)
-   -   Problem....I am about ready to quit :( (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/663-problem-ready-quit.html)

MOTUfan 11-20-2005 09:38 AM

Problem....I am about ready to quit :(

I need a new burning program that works with the Sony DRU-109. I had Stomp Recordnow Max, but uninstalled it as it wasnt burning properly to many coasters :( The time would shift from low to high and all over the place. Then the counter thing would freeze so I shrink the screen and it still says its working as the percentage is growing but each and every time it froze at 98 percent :( So I uninstalled it thinking I could just reinstall it but I can't. So I am looking for the link to be able to DL Stomp again or another burning program equal or greater.

I am currently DLing Stomp 6.5 hoping that will work :)

Help!!!!

MOTUfan 11-20-2005 10:15 AM

The one I just installed seems to be working ok. i will try it again on another dvd I need to create but if it doesnt work I will post here.

Brent

lordsmurf 11-20-2005 11:40 AM

Sony DRU-109 ???
Never heard of it. I wonder if that is a Pioneer 109 released by Sony.

If so, then the problem is in old firmware. Every now and then, PCAV 16x media can lock up a Pioneer drive. But it's usually confined to the earliest models made, and on older firmware. Pioneer is up to at least 1.55fw right now.

As far as counters moving all over the place, software is stupid. Burners these days are variable-speed writing, PCAV and Z-CLV. Software is not variable speed, it deals only in absolutes. A 16x burn, on a variable write system, will take 5-6 minutes. An absolute 16x value is like 4 minutes, but burners cannot burn absolute CLV speeds. Physics of current hardware does not allow for it. So ignore software timers. They are all wrong for anything faster than 4x, as 4x and slower media is CLV absolute.

MOTUfan 11-20-2005 12:08 PM

lol Im sorry it is a Pioneer lol. I am just so frazzled lately :( The current Sonic i am using is ok I have burnt three dvds, two worked one froze so somehow I am going to have to get Stomp RecodNow Max back and with proper firmware. i could not find it though at http://www.download.com :(

Brent

lordsmurf 11-20-2005 01:26 PM

Visit http://www.rpc1.org for firmwares.

MOTUfan 11-20-2005 02:13 PM

Thanks for the firmware site, now I just got to get the program to finnish DLing and hope it is better than this one I am currently using.

Brent

MagnificentMarcus 11-20-2005 02:39 PM

Why don't use just use DVD Decrptor to burn to you harddrive and then to a disc?

MOTUfan 11-20-2005 03:00 PM

You can use Decryptor that way?? I really need to look into some of these programs I have on the PC lol. Or do you need Nero to run that?? Nero 6.0 doesnt work with the Pioneer 109 :(

Brent

Skuff 11-20-2005 04:04 PM

Yeah, only in rare circumstances do I use anything other than Decryptor or Shrink or CloneDVD. And I believe the creator of Decryptor just came out with ImgBurn which is basically Decryptor except that you can only burn from HD to Disc.

MagnificentMarcus 11-20-2005 05:09 PM

You can rip and burn with DVD Decyptor in ISO. I just learned about it a year ago. Anything that is 4.37 g and under I rip and burn with DVD Decryptor. Occassionally, I find a disc that may be a problem with DVD Decryptor and I will use CopytoDVD blindwrite program (4.37 gig and under). I find it will rip and burn sometimes (actually a lot of times) when DVD Decryptor won't.

Anything larger than 4.37 gigs I use DVD2One(+AnyDVD) and Nero 6 to burn to disc.

MagnificentMarcus 11-21-2005 03:41 AM

You know I always hear how great Sony & Pioneer DVD burners are, but the two experiences I had with them changed my thinking. I have two Toshiba TU 5372 and I have to say it is the best burner I've ever had.

I doubt the creator of DVD Decryptor is doing anything. He sounded pretty scared when he got the cease & desist letter. It was right after 321 Studios got shut down. I remember him telling everyone to shutdown the notification for new updates of Decryptor for fear they could track it back.

lordsmurf 11-21-2005 05:43 AM

Sony was never a great burner. Pretty bad, actually.
These days Sony buys LiteOn drives and puts their pretty sticker on it.
They gave up on making their own drives.

Skuff 11-21-2005 07:12 AM

The creator of Decryptor did make ImgBurn www.imgburn.com
It tells everything he went through on there.

MOTUfan 11-22-2005 03:01 PM

Im gonig to need a good dvd burning program that isnt to expensive, I only have 15 more uses on this Sonic trial and found out they no longer sell the full version. And I think I need a burning program to use decryptor. Can anyone point me to a good program.