digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Blank Media (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/)
-   -   Opinion on PIE/PIF tests of my DVDs? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/7731-opinion-pie-pif.html)

gamemaniaco 01-03-2017 10:09 AM

Opinion on PIE/PIF tests of my DVDs?

8 Attachment(s)
I tested jitter, PIE, PIF on my 4 dvd-r discs 16x verbatim azo id: mcc 03rg20 burned at 6x with imgburn and lite-on ihas122-14 fu and I wanted to know if all these disks will have a useful life expectancy and legibility for 15-30 years or not Under these storage conditions stored inside dvd case black, case inside box temperature and humidity: morning 31ēC, afternoon 32ēC-36ēC, night 32ēC humidity 40-56 % In months of rain the temperature is a little lower 28 ° C, 29 ° C and high humidity

See the test photos

lordsmurf 01-03-2017 10:20 AM

I can't read the screenshots.

Do this:
Step1: Install and use the freeware Greenshot.
Step2: Press ALT+PRTSCRN to capture only the active window, not the whole desktop.

Try again. :)

gamemaniaco 01-03-2017 10:24 AM

I already stored the disks, very difficult to do the whole procedure again
Can not you see anything?

Is it possible to enlarge these images without doing it all again?

lordsmurf 01-03-2017 10:26 AM

Then open your big images in something like Photoshop, crop to just the program window, save as, and re-post.

gamemaniaco 01-03-2017 10:32 AM

I saved them in Paint of Windows 10 in jpeg, when I open them in paint they get big

click in the images

< 404 links removed >

you see the photos? Click on them and answer me the question that I posted above

lordsmurf 01-05-2017 01:40 PM

We're at an impasse. You're not attaching images I can read.

Do what I said -- open images locally, crop out crap, re-save, re-attach -- or don't bother asking for help.

- This site prevents stupid-huge images from being attached.
- I refuse to visit "image attaching" sites because it's redundant to this forum's attachment feature.

gamemaniaco 01-05-2017 05:06 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Please help me post these images, how do I edit them with the paint? I can expand them on the pc but I can not send them to you

Here are the photos I cut

lordsmurf 01-05-2017 06:56 PM

I can read those. :congrats:

I want to run some tests of my own, and I'll get back to you next week. Still busy now.

gamemaniaco 01-06-2017 03:58 AM

you saw the photos?

1 I wanted to know the useful life expectancy of these disks according to the photos of the tests jitter, PIE, PIF, POF and in my storage conditions stored inside dvd case black, case inside box temperature and humidity: morning 31ēC, afternoon 32ēC- 36 ° C, night 32 ° C humidity 40-56% In the morning, the temperature is very low.

Before you gave an expectation of 15-30 years in my conditions but for good values jitter, PIE, PIF, POF different from my tests that jitter, PIE, PIF, POF are high

2 I'm going to buy some Verbatim MDisc, what speed of burning for the MDisc is ideal for good quality recording? 4x is the maximum burning speed of mdisc

dpalomaki 01-06-2017 08:41 AM

I usually burn discs at one step below max listed under the assumption that the max published speed may be driven in part by marketing hype that pushes the envelope. The best speed will depend on the media, software, and burner combination. So waste some discs and run tests using the same burner and content (do maybe three at each speed of interest and average the results - would apply to that batch of discs) to see which speed gives you the best results. (Anyone else's results could well be different due to using different batches, burners, software, etc..)

Note that MDiscs require a MDisc-rated burner (but maybe that was covered elsewhere).

gamemaniaco 01-10-2017 11:41 AM

1 did you see the pictures of my tests? All these disks will have a useful life expectancy and legibility for 15-30 years or so Under these storage conditions stored inside dvd case black, case inside box temperature and humidity: morning 31ēC, afternoon 32ēC-36ēC, night 32ēC humidity 40-56% In the morning it will be mostly cloudy with a high of 28 ° C.

2 mdisc can be burned in 2x and 4x but I'm in doubt about which speed to choose to get better burning and little stress on the disc because of laser heat

dpalomaki 01-10-2017 11:57 AM

I have nothing more to suggest beyond my post above.

gamemaniaco 01-14-2017 06:36 PM

did you see the pictures of my tests? All these disks will have a useful life expectancy and legibility for 15-30 years or so Under these storage conditions stored inside dvd case black, case inside box temperature and humidity: morning 31ēC, afternoon 32ēC-36ēC, night 32ēC humidity 40-56% In the morning it will be mostly cloudy with a high of 28 ° C.

lordsmurf 12-04-2017 06:18 AM

The PIE looks really high for some reason. Not sure what to say about that. Maybe ambient humidity in your outdoor condition, maybe the drive itself that's scanning.

The PIF looks good, and that's more important than PIE anyway.

The jitter is high for Verbatim, but not in general. The supposed max is 9, but most everything goes over that it seems. Anything under 11 seems okay. That may be due to the burning drive. Are you burning and testing those specific discs from the same drive?

I can't offer any advice on what to do different, just analysis of what I see.

I know how you are, so here's a warning: Don't ask me any questions not related to the topic of this exact thread, or I'll lock it.