Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Yes I use a bag just like the photos, it does not have a sealed seal I tie it I closed the bag and I put the bag in an open and ventilated room, with the hygrometer inside the bag I see that the humidity goes up and down with the weather But the humidity goes into balance with the outside after a few hours or a few days, the cd / dvd / mdisc is inside a black dvd case and the case inside the bag, this bag will reduce the useful life of the discs because of Humidity or not? The humidity harms the useful life of the cd / dvd / dvdr mdisc is the constant humidity every day or the humidity in a few days during the year?

-- merged --

1 I did a test with a plastic bag, I put a hygrometer inside the bag and I tied it and closed the bag, put the bag in an open and ventilated room, if the day is rainy the high humidity inside the bag and out of the bag Also, if the day is dry the humidity is low inside the bag, the humidity fits inside the bag with the current humidity, this adjustment is a bit slower than the external humidity, matter of hours or a few days, I live in the region Northeast of brazil most of the year is hot and dry if I continue to store the dvdr.cdr and mdisc inside the case of dvd and the case inside a plastic bag closed the disc will live little or he will have the same life What out of the bag? The bag is inside a cardboard box is a ventilated room

2 Does any present (hours, A few days until drying) moisture damage and reduce the useful life of the cd / dvd / mdisc or just constant humidity every day and accumulated damages these media? If today has humidity and tomorrow is dry has a big impact on the useful life of cdr / dvdr / mdisc dvdr or not?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemaniaco View Post
Y Does any present (hours, A few days until drying) moisture damage and reduce the useful life of the cd / dvd / mdisc or just constant humidity every day and accumulated damages these media? If today has humidity and tomorrow is dry has a big impact on the useful life of cdr / dvdr / mdisc dvdr or not?
Yes. Constant or not, it harms.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-06-2017, 05:29 AM

1 a plastic bag just like the photo lets in moisture on rainy day, moisture comes out of the bag with the day dry? Do you decide to keep the closed bag inside a box and the box in a ventilated room?

2 Does the black dvd case have any moisture protection? I keep the disc inside the case and the case inside the bag, the humidity and condensation air enters in the case what case inside bag closed?
03-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Site Staff | Video

More like "impedance" rather than protection. It will slow down moisture from entering, but eventually it will leak through the closed case. DVD cases have venting under the clear window, so it's not sealed. And it really shouldn't be, to prevent moisture buildup.

You live in a moist area. To do better than the cases suggested, you'll have to move. I hear Iceland is nice.

03-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Free Member

Put it in a SEALED container with a desiccant pack.
03-08-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
More like "impedance" rather than protection. It will slow down moisture from entering, but eventually it will leak through the closed case. DVD cases have venting under the clear window, so it's not sealed. And it really shouldn't be, to prevent moisture buildup.

You live in a moist area. To do better than the cases suggested, you'll have to move. I hear Iceland is nice.
I do not live in the humid area of ​​Brazil, the northeast region of Ceará is dry but in a few months of the year there is rain season

My test with a hygrometer was this:
I put a digital hygrometer inside the closed plastic bag and I put the bag closed inside a closed cardboard box, put the box in the same room where the disks are stored under the same conditions in an open and ventilated room, I realize that in the rain The humidity in the hygrometer goes up 70, 80, 90% quickly and when it does not rain and the air is dried slowly the humidity falls (70, 60, 50%) until it equals or near the external humidity of the room, Bag will always be smaller

Do you think this my storage mode for cds / dvds / mdiscs will compromise their durability and life expectancy? All the discs are inside dvd cases the cases are inside bags and the bags inside boxes
03-08-2017, 05:44 AM
Site Staff | Video

I just do not think the bag is doing anything for you.

03-08-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I just do not think the bag is doing anything for you.
If I keep them in the bag will the disk die early and have a short lifespan? I put in the bag to protect from dust and insects because it is the only option I have but if this would damage long term storage I will have to not use the bag
03-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Site Staff | Video

A bag won't make it degrade any slower.

03-08-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
A bag won't make it degrade any slower.
The closed bag will cause the discs to degrade faster because of the moisture humidity inside the bag or not, outside the bag degrades little moisture humidity inside the bag degrades too much moisture?

Tags
storage