Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

The optical discs (CD, DVDR, DVDR MDisc) inside case dvd case inside vacuum bags good or bad? preserves the files and media or not?

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
No.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: gamemaniaco (10-01-2017)
09-29-2017, 08:00 AM

1) because is not good? not bag protect humidity?

2) is it correct to keep the disks inside the black case and the black case out of plastic bags but inside the cardboard box ??
12-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Site Staff | Video

1. Not good. Not protect, encourage water formation.

2. Inside case, inside box = better than plastic anything, which causes moisture buildup.

Honestly, some of your questions get tedious. You may need to learn more about condensation, water vapor, humidity, affects on various mediums (papers, glues, plastic, etc) -- and on your own, at the library, at school, even the internet, and not by asking me infinity number of questions.

Got it?

The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: gamemaniaco (12-10-2017)
12-04-2017, 09:32 AM

If I store the discs in the case without a plastic bag does the useful life of them increase? even I tested hygrometer inside bag closed and humidity is low or high if it rains or if the weather is dry

I made your recommendation I removed the plastic bag and left the disks inside the black case but I have 2 doubts:

1 I stored the case with the disc inside the plastic bag for a period of 1 year, is this period enough to degrade and reduce the life of the MDisc DVD Verbatim and the DVD-R Verbatim AZO due to the humidity?

2 I removed the plastic bags from the cases with disks but I can keep the plastic bags folded next to the cases inside the cardboard box where are the mdisc and verbatim azo? cases and discs breathe out of the bag
12-23-2017, 01:37 AM
Site Staff | Video

Sealing anything in a plastic bag isn't good for moisture reasons. The end, nothing more to discuss. Science.

1 year probably won't do anything to a disc, unless conditions were extreme. And no, yours are not.

BTW: You registered in 2013. It's now 2017. You've asked some good questions, but mostly not. You've had about 4.5 year to learn about blanks. I'm not doing this anymore in 2018. If you ask me something I've already answered, I'm just banning you. Same for bumping threads. You'd better choose your posts more wisely very soon. Got it?

The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: gamemaniaco (12-23-2017)
12-23-2017, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Sealing anything in a plastic bag isn't good for moisture reasons. The end, nothing more to discuss. Science.

1 year probably won't do anything to a disc, unless conditions were extreme. And no, yours are not.

BTW: You registered in 2013. It's now 2017. You've asked some good questions, but mostly not. You've had about 4.5 year to learn about blanks. I'm not doing this anymore in 2018. If you ask me something I've already answered, I'm just banning you. Same for bumping threads. You'd better choose your posts more wisely very soon. Got it?
1 I put the discs and the case out of the bag closed, I kneaded the bag and put the bag inside the same box of the discs are, will it entail in some problem or not? the case with the discs in is not sealed on the tote bag but the tote bag I kept next to the cases

2 Put the disc in the case and the case outside the bag increases the life expectancy of it? Can it be greater than 13 years? in rainy season (6 months) some days it rains

3 I kept the discs 1 year inside the bag but now I have followed its recommendations
01-16-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post

1 I put the discs and the case out of the bag closed, I kneaded the bag and put the bag inside the same box of the discs are, will it entail in some problem or not? the case with the discs in is not sealed on the tote bag but the tote bag I kept next to the cases

2 Put the disc in the case and the case outside the bag increases the life expectancy of it? Can it be greater than 13 years? in rainy season (6 months) some days it rains

3 I kept the discs 1 year inside the bag but now I have followed its recommendations

Tags
vacuum