digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Blank Media (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/)
-   -   Best speed for burn games PS2 Slim? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/9715-best-speed-burn.html)

gamemaniaco 05-12-2019 12:27 PM

Best speed for burn games PS2 Slim?

What is the best speed to burn ISOS games from PS2 Slim 90001 and use on the console without wearing the optical reader? I use midia dvd Verbatim AZO

lordsmurf 05-12-2019 03:07 PM

I never burned PS2 games for Slim, but in the PS1 days you needed Verbatim/Maxell/Mitsui CD-R, and in the early PS2 days you needed good 2x/4x media from PVC/MXL/MCC. That's mostly historical information, of course. These days, probably MCC/MKM. So it sounds as if you're already using the best media.

As far as burn speed, 4x is usually safe. But honestly, burn speed should not matter that much, as long as the media is rated for it. 16x media at 8x/12x/16x is probably fine.

You just need to test things, see how it goes. That's what we did all those years ago. Trial and error -- and trust me, there was a LOT of error with game burning.

gamemaniaco 05-12-2019 04:11 PM

1) I do not have many Verbatim media to test so I need the best burning speed for PS2 Slim 90001, a speed that does not detract from the optical reader

2) Do you know any ps2 dvd to test quality of the optical drive laser and the quality internal components of PS2 are good or bad?

lordsmurf 05-12-2019 04:28 PM

Archived info online on gaming sites may help -- if any are still around. PS2 games burning is a topic for 15-20 years ago. Most modern game sites are from the current disc-free online era.

This just is not my thing. Video yes, games no.

gamemaniaco 05-12-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 61414)
Archived info online on gaming sites may help -- if any are still around. PS2 games burning is a topic for 15-20 years ago. Most modern game sites are from the current disc-free online era.

This just is not my thing. Video yes, games no.

I have verbatim azo 16x but to burn ps2 game better 4x or 8x or other speed? I did not find any information about this doubt.

lower speed 4x is good for long life optical lens?

LightWorker01 05-16-2019 06:13 AM

Use good quality media to preserve the life, so it isn't retrying to read sectors as much ;) That will matter wayyy more than your burn speed.

For PS2 like I do now, i would just use Ritek media with oxinol dye or verbatim, whichever you can get your hands on. Games are replaceable, and Ritek really cleaned up it's poo in recent years. Done some very good low error burns on the ritek media. I personally would categorise it as an upper-middle disk. Not for Archival critical master usage, but not bad for a duplication copy, or an additional copy or a game!

If you have verbatim media, your set.

For 16x media, I burn at 12x with my burner for verbatim, and 8x for Ritek F16 media (sony branded currently). Burn speed is not as critical as it was in the CD-Days. 8x or 4x is a 'safe' speed for both of these media. If you really want, test your burns with nero disc speed.

You may depending on the age of your PS2 need to calibrate the laser power (especially the 3XXXX series) to read copied disks better.

I had no problems with my old PS2 reading RW discs even after i did a calibration, which I used to use to backup games that I was likely to get bored of later, thus erasing the disc later. The laser lens on that lasted me years... I would not advise using RW disks, though.

gamemaniaco 05-16-2019 06:20 AM

4x is secure and reliable for ps2 games and long life optical lens?

JPMedia 05-16-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamemaniaco (Post 61520)
4x is secure and reliable for ps2 games and long life optical lens?

Yes. Or in Portuguese, "Sim."