Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-12-2020, 03:31 AM
Free Member

Sorry to hear every ones losses. But did you guys really face that much of a shortage for soap? Only shortage I faced was paper towels and toilet paper. Still have the shortage but Walmart and Kroger are pretty strict on how many each person can buy so I manage to find at least 1. If not I am able to get it the next day. Everything else I am really not facing any problem finding. My place is not to bad regarding outbreak most likely because of my state immediately taking action after the New York outbreak lockdown.

Also I don't mean to be lurking lordsmurf. I put a halt on my VHS transfers so I really have nothing to ask till I restart it again. I am waiting patiently for my work flow to start it backup
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-12-2020, 06:50 AM
Free Member

Quote:
But did you guys really face that much of a shortage for soap? Only shortage I faced was paper towels and toilet paper.
Shortages are spotty largely due to selective over buying; e.g., people who normally use one roll of TP a week and thus would buy 4 rolls per month suddenly buying 100 rolls The supply chain can't deal with that overnight (and that customer will not need to buy any more for nearly 2 years). Also, some brands are harder to find then others. After all, the office bought cheap stuff but homes tend to use the "softer" types.

Liquid hand soap and especially hand sanitizers are similarly hard to find. All the guys who never washed their hands after a trip to the loo are doing so now so it uses a lot more soap. I've noticed dishwasher soap packets are spotty as well, more cooking and dishes at home driving that.

Baking yeast has been hard to find. A lot of folks who never bake decided to try their hand at it while isolating.

Certain types of canned and frozen foods were being overbought for home shelf stock which will cause short to medium duration disruptions to the supply chain. Be interesting to see how much goes into trash unused when this ends.
05-12-2020, 09:51 AM
Free Member

One thing for sure where ever you go in the the US you will definitely see a shortage in paper towels and toilet paper in this crisis.
06-25-2020, 06:32 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS456 View Post
One thing for sure where ever you go in the the US you will definitely see a shortage in paper towels and toilet paper in this crisis.

It sounds pretty funny now when I look back a month ago and think about all the panic for the toilet papers I was even thinking about taking the kids and going to my mother's property in Lisbon at the beginning. Now the only problem is not to forget your mask at home and don't get too close to the other people.