Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-18-2021, 04:20 AM
Free Member

I've been trying to get PAL 8mm, Hi8 tapes archived. In the States now and besides this is the original camera for most of them and the head has it's peculiarities. It's a Sony TR2200E. I was doing composite captures last year when I had a little time for this. Then I began reading about the benefits of S-video. When I put an s-video cable in nothing showed. I searched online and in the manual to see if there was a menu command to turn it on and off but didn't find one. This camera's backlights for the controls sometimes go out. Like some other Sonys I've had I remembered giving it a tap and the lights came back on. One time I did this a little harder and the s-video came on. This last week I've been trying to get as many tapes done as possible. Today I picked up the camera as it was capturing and the s-video went off. I tapped it several times and nothing. I have a minidv camcorder with s-video. I tried the cable there through the ATI600 I use for capture and I got a picture from s-video so the TR2200 seems to be the culprit. Does anyone have any tips where they might have had a similar problem? Thanks.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-18-2021, 08:29 PM
Free Member

Since I haven't been able to get the s-video to come on again I tried capturing some less important tapes using the composite. I did one yesterday , turned the pc off and then again today. The audio is slightly off on both of them. It seemed correct when I was using s-video. Is there another forum where people talk about trying to make minor repairs on their camcorders maybe? Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tr2200 cover back a-video 2.jpg (68.7 KB, 3 downloads)
File Type: jpg tr2200 s-video cover back.jpg (203.7 KB, 3 downloads)
07-19-2021, 12:26 AM
Free Member

Not much a forum member can do, you have to take it a part and trace the S-Video pins to the source on the PCB. Otherwise get another camcorder and move on since such repairs cost more than buying another one if you were to send it out for repairs.