Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-26-2023, 05:51 AM
Free Member

Hello! Recently with help from this forum and a couple other sources that are few and far apart, i’ve been able to get a Videonics Mx-1 and a JVC JX-SV55. I’d heard these ones have okay tbcs for glitch art but I need something more reliable. I have pretty much 0 knowledge on the actual electronics behind tbcs and have been trying to learn so I can determine if the units on ebay would be good for me. I want a stand-alone rack mount one but honestly if it’s a unit like a vhs player or some other random video unit with a tbc i’m fine with that. Thank you in advance!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-26-2023, 06:44 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
The goal for TBCs used for glitch art is to allow the intentional errors, not to remove any errors, and to not add errors. There are few TBCs that meet this criteria.

When I first learned of glitch art, I thought it was weird (and dumb, pointless, silly, etc). But I was wrong. It is an interesting video art style, but has very specific needs.

You do not want just any random TBC -- especially not from eBay, literally the worst place to get gear.

I may have something for you, I need to look.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
11-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Free Member

You could also get capture cards that don't have blue screen feature, I don't know a specific model number but there are some out there.

https://www.youtube.com/@Capturing-Memories/videos
11-27-2023, 05:09 PM
Free Member

I don't know what the requirements would be for something like this, but I do have a Prime Image TBC that I need to sale relatively cheap to move it out of my way. It's not full frame, but has composite, S-Video, and component inputs also I think. I don't remember the model number and I'm at work, but if this is something that would maybe work for you let me know and I'll reply back with the model number.

Thanks,
Marty
11-27-2023, 10:47 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
I don't know what the requirements would be for something like this, but I do have a Prime Image TBC that I need to sale relatively cheap to move it out of my way. It's not full frame, but has composite, S-Video, and component inputs also I think. I don't remember the model number and I'm at work, but if this is something that would maybe work for you let me know and I'll reply back with the model number.

Thanks,
Marty
That won't work here.

And marketplace type posts (ie, for sale) need to be kept out of topics.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Tags
glitch art, tbc, time base corrector, video synthesis