Quantcast Bitcoin, ethereum site donations? - digitalFAQ Forum
Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-01-2021, 04:09 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,042 Times in 1,763 Posts
I know some of you here are into crypto. We need help with this.

I want the site to be able to accept Bitcoin and Etheruem (at least), but don't know where to begin. Right now, the site accepts Paypal donations, but Paypal sucks (and everybody knows it, many refuse to use it).

For years, I've seen sites with long addresses like QWERTYUIOP1234567890. Assuming those are the wallets. But where to get one? Is Gemini the safest wallet, best support if needed? (Coinbase is crap, zero support.)

Is it as simple as getting a wallet, and then posting the address (ID? public hash?) somewhere?

There's not a crypto primer anywhere that I've seen. I'm tired of searching Google, because most results are just self-whoring "guides" from places like Coinbase, or forum/social responses from scammers ("send me DM"), and not actually helpful. I need some handholding here. Crypto reminds me of certain tech back in the 80s and 90s. You really need to have somebody help you, as no amount of reading or watching (Youtube) is going to help you get started.

To date, I've mostly avoided crypto, due to the hacking and volatility, going back years. I was aware of Bitcoin back in 2010, but didn't see the point in running up my electricity bill. By the time BTC had any worthwhile value, it'd have required me to buy a bunch of graphics cards AND new computers that accepted those cards. At the time, I didn't have the funds for that. And while you could say "in 2010, you could have mined, and now it'd be worth blah-blah-blah", realistically, I'd have sold it long ago. Looking toward the future here, not the past.

Who here has crypto, and would donate some to the site, if it was accepted?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-29-2021, 01:22 PM
Premium Member

I do use crypto, though I should warn if you want to consider this idea, are you ready to provide your ID?

Most reputable crypto wallets and payments gateways have a mandatory KYC, at least if you want to withdraw to fiat (USD/EUR etc). If you plan to keep the money stored in crypto forever and never cash it out, then you may be able to get around providing an ID.

Let me know what you're looking for exactly and I will try to help.