Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
My goal for the day was to reply to and/or audit at least 200 posts, clearing out my backlog for 2015. Most of those posts were from Nov-Dec. But my hand is now hurting, and that means I can't type for at least 2 days now. Boo!

Anybody else have this issue? How do you deal with it?

I properly cushion my back, neck, hands, arms, etc, when sitting at a computer. But even that won't stop the pain from creeping in, if on the computer for too many hours in a day.

FYI: I used to have it bad in my right wrist, and shooting up my arm. After I was paralyzed, it's not really returned. My left wrist and hand now has the issue. Interesting. I could probably type one-handed (as I did in 2013), but don't really want to. Too tedious.

So that's it for my for the day. Next Bat-time, same Bat-station...

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Free Member

That really sucks to hear that, LS. I know my dad had that problem some years back. Had to wear some sort of brace on his left hand, if memory serves. It can be really tough to type effectively, let alone write. I've never had that and pray that I never do, but oftentimes, it seems that the wrists tends to go through a lot of stress when typing on a keyboard, even a typewriter. I try to stay conscience in how I pose and type...as it is now since I am tall when I sit my arms and wrists are angled downward.

What you may have to try to do is to give yourself a shorter time limit on typing on the computer....maybe up to two hours a day until things stabilize where you won't feel anymore pain. I can imagine it being a challenge since you have many posts and questions to answer, but a little at a time and you will get caught up. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, even back from the VH days since you bring alot of good knowledge and advice to the table, which has helped me in many ways as well.

I used to watch commercials where you could speak into a headset and words translate onto the screen. Never know how really accurate and reliable those programs are though.