Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-12-2015, 05:22 AM
Free Member

Hi,

As the title says, I want to capture some Netflix movies, from my account, so that I can watch them later, when not online. Netflix does not have the offline mode option and I don't always have a good wi-fi connection. I need a good reliable software to do so, even if it will cost, can you recommend something that will not alter the quality of the video files?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Remembered

Quote:
can you recommend something that will not alter the quality of the video files?
Jaksta
https://www.jaksta.com/download/wind...media-recorder

I'm still working with version 5

do you have a link ... to test me?
or a movie name?
11-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,308 Times in 982 Posts
I believe capturing rental/paid streaming is considered piracy in most tech forums. Many will close threads dealing with it. At least, in this forum I don't think it's de reguer. Netflix is usually low-bitrate junk anyway.
11-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Free Member

Piracy?? How so? I only want to be able to watch netflix show when I am not connected to a wi-fi
11-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Free Member

It's an entire debate...it also depends on the copyright laws of the country you reside in.
However, per ansamble, you are pretty safe as long as you don't give it away to 3rd parties.
I also do it from time to time with a tool called Moviebox, which is legal, see here on their website: http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_...m/netflix.html
It will create a backup file of the netflix movie/show (legal) on your drive which you can delete after watching the movie
01-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Law and ethics aside, you can't download it. The stream is protected.

However, you can capture it. And by "capture", I mean record it realtime, like anything else. You can play it fullscreen on the computer, then use anything you want: output to DVD recorder, use stream capture recording software on the computer, etc. Whatever you see and hear will also be on the recording, so turn off all your unneeded crap: Skype, chat, anti-virus, anything that makes noise or systray popups. Sometimes that's not easy to do.

I've read about some legal ways to download Netflix, but last I saw, that was still in the works. Maybe beta?

@sanlyn: Asking how to "backup" the rental store is against our rules, as are a few other things. But we rarely have a need to enforce anything here, as this site mostly attracts professionals and serious hobbyists, not rude/cheapskate little twits. See Forum Policies at the bottom of any page: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...embership.html

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs