Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Free Member

Just found an interesting thing and thought of posting it here. When you type www.lordsmurf.com and hit enter, it takes you to www.digitalfaq.com site.

Why did I try to go to lordsmurf.com? Because of this post on VHelp which I was reading.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Yep.

When this site was first established in 2002, it was all of my tips and guides for capturing video. But it grew, and became something more. People have asked me several times over the years what my involvement in digitalFAQ.com is, and I always says "It's complicated." (And it is.)

I had always planned to use lordsmurf.com for something related to Smurfs, but never got around to it. This year, I bought another domain for that. Why? Well, I need lordsmurf.com for something far more important...

When I finally get some free time early next year, when my current things are finished, it's going to be a personal site dedicated to my illness. It was started all the way back in February, as soon as I could partially see again, and had one good hand to type. But since then, as I've felt better, I had to attend to other matters. But I've kept notes on all of my progress, and will backfill it soon. Because this is a life-long illness, not a one-one event, I'll be blogging about it from now on.

If you want to see what I wrote, PM me.

At the very top of the site, I'll have an error message to come here for video. And I'll be redirecting some of the common URLs of the past.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Free Member

Nice. Looking forward to your site when it goes public.