Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Free Member

Hi everybody,
For development issues, im looking for the manual "Sony Videocassette Recorder Bvw Series Protocol Manual (part number 9-977-544-11)" or every info around Sony RS 422 protocol.
Note : I have already found excellent site of Rick Davis http://www.belle-nuit.com/archives/9pin.html, but i need some precision about some command.
Thank in advance.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I don't believe I have any information like this, however I do have a pair of advices:
  1. Patent documents (available both online and in print) often contained very detailed information for how something works. So there's one lead for you. I've found amazing information in patent docs in the past, such as the chemical make-up for DVD-R from certain companies, or even how some a/v hardware works.
  2. Printed journals, printed repair manuals, printed materials in general. The most detailed and accurate information is always going to be found in print, and not online. What you find online can be incredibly helpful, and will answer most questions for most people. However, this is one of those cases where I'm pretty sure you won't find what you need on a website. Hit the libraries. At best, you may find leads online, that refer to books that may have more information. There's always a chance you'll get lucky, and find a scanned print document saved as PDF or image files, though not likely. (That's one reason we've started to archive so many user instruction manuals and repair manuals at The Digital FAQ forums.)

Good luck!

And if you do come across the information you wanted, please come back here and post it -- either sharing the documentation, or sharing where it can be found. If one person is looking for it, others likely are, too! Thanks.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Free Member

Thanks for your friendly answer.
Should i be lucky ? Answer appear to be yes.
As you suggest, i attach the document i have discovered. Because i am a newbe on your forum i also give url to find it, in case of human dysfunction...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/59069760/5...ent-Time-Sense

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 59069760-AMP-Protocol-Specification.pdf (698.8 KB, 15 downloads)
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Knowing the name of the document, I ran a quick search, and came across an updated version from May 2010 (v2.15 edition)
That may be even more useful. See attached PDF.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Grass Valley Advanced Media Protocol (AMP) Specifications.pdf (482.8 KB, 22 downloads)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
08-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Free Member

Nice, thanks.

Tags
protocol, sony, sony rs 422