Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Site Staff has long had the ability to add tables to this site, but I've seen some recent conversations where Free Members and Premium Members could have used the ability to create tables/charts.

So I'm extending the table creation permissions to include your usergroups.

The tables have a pre-written CSS class, and specify a certain width. As long as members choose to properly create tables, I'll leave the option available. If used badly, these tables can make the site look ugly, which is the main reason they've been limited to Staff in the past. If everybody minds the rules, I have no problems sharing the feature.

Max width should be 900px, which fills the entire width of the post area. If your content is wider than 900px, the you'll need to re-plan your tables, or revert to using non-table presentation. We do not want anybody making tables that stretch the width of this site, creating left-right scroll bars. (I will remove tables that do so.) Generally speaking, make the table as small as possible, as it is easier to read.

How to use the code:
- The header row must have names for the columns.
- But columns do not require data in each cell.
- The vertical bar | is the divider between cells.
- [table] and [/table] must be on separate lines from the data rows.
- The final row must be a double ||
- Make as many rows and columns as needed, up to 9 columns wide, and 100 rows tall.

This code...

[table="width=600px,css=myclass"]Column 1|Column 2|Column 3|Column 4|Column 5
Data|Data|Data|Data
Data||Data
Data|||Data
Data|Data
||
[/table]

... creates this table:

Column 1Column 2Column 3Column 4Column 5
DataDataDataData 
Data Data  
Data  Data 
DataData   

Simply copy/paste the sample code above, and edit it to suit your needs in a post.

If you need help, or have questions, ask here.

Enjoy your new feature.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors