digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news/)
-   -   The Digital FAQ - What Our Members Say! (Forum Feedback) (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news/5400-digital-faq-members.html)

admin 09-27-2013 12:27 AM

The Digital FAQ - What Our Members Say! (Forum Feedback)

I'm going to start collecting the nice things people have said about us. :yahoo3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by premiumcapture
Just wanted to say it was totally worth the $20 to get the premium membership. The help you gave me yesterday saved me a LOT of trouble and made me aware of issues with my video I didn't even have. Thanks a ton!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampton80 (Post 27855)
That did it! Thanks so much. There's a reason I come here to quickly solve my problems. Without it, my patience with this hobby wouldn't last long! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsark87 (Post 29334)
So thankful for this forum. What an amazing source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mejnour
I am very please to give my modest contribution as a premium member. After fews posts, I realized that your forum is unmatched in term of quality, experience cannot be buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinheadlarry (Post 32738)
I really appreciate all the quick feedback i've received so far. This website is truly a great, and i wish all my hobbies had an online presence as organized as you guys. So I just wanted to say Thanks offering a great place to learn and receive actual helpful feedback...and for dealing with noobs who are in way over their head [x2x]

Quote:

Originally Posted by baywatch242000 (Post 31390)
I've learned so much great information over the years here that I feel fairly confident my projects will be a success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhsdigital34
Other than that everyone's been super helpful and Lordsmurf has been wonderful with helping me throughout this process. Would never have gotten this far without him and the others contributing to the forum. In fact Lordsmurf was the reason I decided to join digitalfaq and I jumped at the opportunity to become a premium member once I found out the option was there. Can't say enough about how I appreciate this site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstar
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to try to help me, I greatly appreciate it and I'm very confident that you will help me get it fixed. I updated the post with more information for you. Thanks a lot for all of your help and I greatly appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruferm
Just wanted to say thank you. Today, I've learned how to rip and burn double layer dvds with dvd decrypter because of you!
Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwillis84
DigitalFAQ may be the Rosetta stone for understanding things

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergei316 (Post 57157)
First let me say that this site is, hands down, the best site for information on VHS transfer on the internet. Period. The information is so thorough, complete, and well organized that I believe the Library of Congress should add this site to the VHS Tapes archive info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibpete (Post 74485)
First off let me say this forum has been a Godsend. I've learned so much

kpmedia 12-08-2013 07:34 PM

Stickied. :congrats:

And for our services:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinetown
Gentlemen, Just got done loading your avi file to my Thunderbolt external hard drive. I viewed it using QT w/ Perian. You did a fantastic job on converting the VHS-C tape. The video is so much cleaner, crisper and brighter than I imagined possible. You have set the bar pretty high for yourselves though for when I send in future tapes . Again thank you for the great job. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantum_quanta
Thank you Kpmedia, I've received the items a everything is perfect. I'm very happy with the website and soon I'll donate money to help you to keep this website up.
Again, Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junyor
We received the videos last week and had a chance to view one of them over the weekend. It’s exactly the type of conversion and cleanup we were after. Thank you for your help!

lordsmurf 07-23-2014 05:47 AM

I like these sorts of comments most:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhsdigital34 (Post 31151)
Hi lordsmurf,
I've spent the past few days and nights scouring the threads and I've come to the conclusion you're the one I trust on these decisions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightsword (Post 31774)
Incidentally, I read your series you posted Lord Smurf. It was very helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobo_Bourgeois (Post 35587)
I want to thank you upfront for the excellent counsel you offer others.
his excellence Lordsmurf. Very informative. The hands on experience and dedication of both of you is to be commended.
Again, thanks for your great work and your help to others who are struggling along the way of living in a creative digital world...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnerSweet (Post 36103)
P.S - If you are reading this Lordsmurf I'd like to thank you for helping me out in the years and years ago when I use to bug you and email you when I was a 14-15 year old kid about video restoration and on TBC vcr's projects. I'm 28 years old now so it's been about 12-13 years ago that you helped me out with my Life with Louie, and Garfield and Friends project and helped me out with an awesome Talespin set! . You've always been a kind and giving person. I wanted to give you a big THANK YOU and I'm really glad to see that you have your site still up and running :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparx (Post 41008)
It was thanks to this forum (" VCR Buying Guide (S-VHS, D-VHS, Professional) for restoring video" that I made the choice, it's like a vhs-bible that page! Very very helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phl1rxd
Lord Smurf - you seriously rock!! I love how you just lay it all out so nice and easy - I loved the MPEG bitrate charts. For someone like me who is not video savvy it was a blessing to find your forums and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate the time and care you have put into the site!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlo
Thank you for your numerous generous and informative contributions to all the threads I have read (and reread several times), they have given me a grateful understanding of the problems I have been encountering, and highlighted other points I would never have realised even existed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvuser15
Also I wanted to thank you very much for driving this forum and sharing a lot of wisdom around!!! I'm building a workflow to transfer my VHS/MinDV tapes and information you have provided is super helpful!!! While the setup is pretty expensive, being a tech guy, I enjoy the process and your insight helped a lot!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by josem84
I've relied on you in the past regarding this topic as you seem to be the king of analog video :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen
Thanks for taking the time to write such a long post in my thread, its a big help. I'm not a hobbyist for all this, its just something that needs to be done and I'm the get it done guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOXSYS
Dear LordSmurf, First of all many thanks for a lot of very useful advices. I have read on this website from you and your colleagues. All the best and thnaks again for your time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightbulb1986
Well I wish i had known about this site before I went on a quest to get what I needed for vhs-digital transfers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtetreault
I want to thank you for all the information that you wrote, this is more than useful
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2many
LS, Thanks for all the time you've taken on the numerous occasions I've asked for assistance. I have now read many of your statements and even your comments on youtube. I humbly and sincerely thank you for your time.

Marketplace feedback:
Quote:

Originally Posted by FF3D
Hey Lordsmurf, I just got back home from my work today and went through my box of gear - all of this is incredible! This JVC SVHS/DVD-R deck, in particular, is a thing of beauty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magikdagger
You did a great job packing it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsherman
LS, Awesome! I can't wait to use the TBC and get those precious memories preserved on a more modern format. Thanks so much for your help with the TBC and also with these forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloubu
LS, Got the ATI USB and it's up and running, working perfectly as I'd expect from you. Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiszka6911
I have been very happy with the equipment you recommended and provided me and have learned great deal about digital video capture through trial and error, experimentation. The biggest accomplishments so far have been digitizing my high school graduation shot with by my grandfather. Once again thanks for the knowledge you have provided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestRGB
Hey LS, I just wanted to say thank you. Your package arrived about two weeks ago, and I've been putting it through its paces, doing lots of test captures, and learning a lot as I go. I couldn't be happier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachcomber
You packed it very well! It has played every tape I've given it so far flawlessly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknoll
Lordsmurf, I received everything today. You did an excellent packaging job and the gear looks outstanding. I hooked everything up and ran it for 10-15 minutes and it appears everything performs as you described. It seems you picked some of the best settings on all devices to start me out with. I appreciate that!

kpmedia 07-25-2014 07:24 AM

Here's mine. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunAce (Post 26516)
You are the man, kpmedia. Thank you. I don't think you have any idea how many people you helped out. ... Fortunately one of my roommates found this thread and I changed the DNS settings and upgraded my router's firmware and I'll be damned... Everything is working perfectly. I cannot thank you enough, sir.