Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Free Member

VLC doesn't always display interlaced video with correct field order during double deinterlacing.
I am trying to push the feature to correct it. Please help me to persuade the VLC developer to do so. Here is the bug report which was opened by someone else almost a year ago and but picked up by me yesterday.

Thanks.

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/7713
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,460 Times in 2,092 Posts
When it comes to bug reports, devs the days tend to divas. It's not like it was in the 80s and 90s, or even the early 2000s. These days, geek is chic, and I sometimes think that's the root problem. It's like revenge of the nerds, but this time the nerds are the a-holes.

I usually vote with my wallet. Or in the case of free stuff, I go elsewhere, and tell everybody about it.

There's a lot of feedback on the page already. If that doesn't persuade a dev, little will.

I know, it's sad.

Pathetic even.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
10-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Or in the case of free stuff, I go elsewhere, and tell everybody about it.

There's a lot of feedback on the page already. If that doesn't persuade a dev, little will.
Hi Lordsmurf,

As for elsewhere, is there any other player that has double deinterlacers that work - especially the Phosphor one?

I don't see any feedback. Can you point me to the page with feedback?