Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Premium Member

Dear Lord, Let us bow our heads for a moment, for Lenord Nemoy's Passing,Otherwise Known as MR. SPOCK on STAR TREK...Truly a Hero to me..May he live on in countless adventures through interstellar space!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Free Member

Yes, the great die "young" RIP.

At least he lived long and prospered.

-P
03-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
This is a very off-topic post -- but then again, it isn't.

For many of us on this site, Star Trek was one our earliest memories of TV.

For me, it actually wasn't the live-action show, but rather the 70s cartoon. I've always been a cartoon collector, and toons are why I started down the path of video to begin with. When we lived in a VHS-only world, I still remember trying to track down every tape of every episode. It never happened. Back then, all we had was Suncoast (expensive!!!), flea markets, and comic stores (also expensive for tapes!).

Some years later, when video capture was new, I got together with somebody that did have all the tape, and made us a really nice DVD set that I still have to this day. (I've never seen the official release; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...26PGO64AUVX3R6 is only $20 now, so I may grab it.)

To me, it's sort of like losing a voice actor from Smurfs, Scooby Doo or Transformers. We've lost several in recent years.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Premium Member

I figured there were a few Trek fans here that might appreciate the post, and yes off/on topic! Star-Trek is what got me and my buddy into electronic stuff to begin with, back in the 70's. And yes, those 70's cartoons of Star Trek, The Beatles, and 3 stooges were all great!, Hard to find now-days?
03-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Free Member

But he will live long--in the memory of generations of future viewers. That is the benefit of video, and why it was created.

And isn't that why we're all here, to preserve the data from this recorded format for years to come?
03-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsordawson View Post
But he will live long--in the memory of generations of future viewers. That is the benefit of video, and why it was created.

And isn't that why we're all here, to preserve the data from this recorded format for years to come?
Yes Capt Kirk, A very logical conclusion,..but data has shown that unless analog data has been transfered to digital format, it will be lost forever, thus un-accessable to future species... I can convert this primitave form of communication to a format that we can transmit to the Enterprise,..But it may take some time to accomplish our desired outcome!

Last edited by rocko; 03-08-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: add
The following users thank rocko for this useful post: Winsordawson (03-09-2015)
03-09-2015, 02:36 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Nice.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Free Member

I was sad to hear that he had died and looked up some interesting biographical information online. How he came up with the spread-fingers "live long and prosper" salutation, for example. And by way of trivia, I attended Junior High School with his son, Adam, at Emerson Jr. High in Los Angeles, back in the early 70's. I always enjoyed the episodes that had Mr. Spock reappear.