Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-27-2015, 05:39 AM
Free Member

Hi,

I recently got a Panasonic AG-W1 VCR with some issues.

At first, when playing a tape I could only see noise lines all over the screen like a TV without antenna connected.
After cleaning the heads I started to see on the screen the recorded film on the cassette, but with noise lines at the bottom and top of the screen like it happens when the tracking control is not set properly.

I just tried something. I put my finger on the drum to make it spin at a lower speed, and the noise bars dissapeared and the pic got perfect! Of course depending on the pressure of my finger the lines change as I find a specific spot in which the vcr works great.

I don't have experience with repairing VCRs (but I do have it with older stuff) so I have no clue and I don't know from where to start. Maybe the problem is just coming from a preset that I have to adjust! (I hope).

Thanks a lot in advance!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors