Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Premium Member

I can "Testify" TODAY that I have a High Quality system for transferring my VHS tapes to digital by closely following all the recommends and help from this site. And I must say that the road to get here is not very smooth. After getting and returning the DAZZLE unit, And wearing out a Magnavox VHD to DVD Unit,with poor results, I gravitated to This site,after reading all the guides, I found a Used Gateway XP PC at a local 2nd hand PC store in 2009, at the time I had to ask if the MoBo had AGP slots, because after reading these forums I knew I had to get a AIW/AIW card, Found a 9600XT on E-bay, had my local Computer guy install it and the drivers and it has worked fine all along, Also got lucky and found a New In Box VHS with TBC,and AVTOOLBOX 8710, My only hang-up all this time was the horrible RFI/Electrical Interference in and around my apartment, Introduced thru the Un-shielded S-Video cables causing noise in the capture, that I knew was not there in the original tapes, took a long time figure that out! Other than that, I'm finally ready to start transferring VHS to Digital. Nothing wrong with all the advice and expertise available on this site, most of my errors along the the way were due to impatience, ignorance of PC operations, or just plain stubbornness sometimes

Last edited by rocko; 10-11-2015 at 07:49 AM. Reason: add
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Just leave those in General Discussion.

We add them here, as we see them, when time permits: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...q-members.html

Some are also going to be added to other sections of the site during the re-dev that's ongoing. Mostly on the homepage, our services pages, advertising pages, and upgrade (aka Premium Member) pages.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs