Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Free Member

Hi All,

I have three quite high end and now quite rare SVHS decks which i am looking to sell and have some idea of what they are worth but i would like to invite the experts on here to advise on what they are worth.

The decks i have are as follows: -

1. JVC HR-S9700EK with remote and instruction manual (Fully working)
2. JVC HM-DR10000EK with remote and instruction manual (Fully working)
3. Panasonic NV-V8000EK with remote and instruction manual (Fully working)

Hope to see what you guys come up with. Will be putting them up on Marketplace very soon.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Remembered

Hello
There are all three good player if they are maintained.
I had 2 pieces of the JVC HR-S9700.
The picture from 9700 is somewhat softer as well as the 9800.
Compared to JVC HR-S9600 / 8600.
A HM-DR10000 I have at the moment on a Capture Station.
Only the internal TBC is a shame.
From the Pana NV-V8000 I have 2 stk working [for S-VHS-C SP + LP ]
Disease in the NV-V8000 are the SMD ElKo`s right of the power supply and a few capacitors under the head drum.
Both work quietly and reliably.
In Ebay you can see are a few prices for the HM-DR10000 but totally fantasy prices.
Unfortunately, you can not display where hours for capstan and drum.
12-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Free Member

How much do you think they will be worth in the current market?
12-23-2015, 01:53 AM
Remembered

I can make only prices for devices we here have repaired.

To find a real collector for device 1 and 2 is very difficult.

I would let all devices with a TV test engineer, on heart and kidneys and that also describe with the setting in Ebay.
Then the price one agrees, however, can be also very sad.

I can see only a little further in the future........ 2017 England resigns from the EU.
Unfortunately, any more I do not see.
Sorry
12-23-2015, 02:59 AM
Free Member

Hi mate, I do not want to sound rude but I actually did not understand anything of what you said. Could not make sense of it.
12-23-2015, 11:47 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Goldwingfahrer is not a native English speaker/writer, so sometimes his translations are not perfect. But he often does give excellent advice. His posts were mostly about the exact models, and weaknesses of them (ie, he considers the 9700 to be a lesser machine than the 9800). He went on to mention that unknown condition (ie, capstans, drums, capacitors, etc) can reduce value. Finally, having it professionally inspected may be required (although I'm not in agreement with this).

^ So that's what he meant there, as I read it.

Now, here's my info...

In the late 90s, street price for the JVCs was about $465, and street price for the Panasonics was about $680.

These days, quality JVC S-VHS decks never exceed $500 in mint/new condition, and Panasonic never exceeds $700 in mint/new condition. So nothing has really changed, and inflation is ignored.

However, a new-old-stock or mint/like-new (complete in box, etc) deck is rare. Most have been used, and used JVC decks go for $250-350, and used Panasonic for about $300-400 when refreshed with new caps. Lesser condition is worth maybe $100-$200.

That's average pricing in the 2010s.

Convert USD ($) to other currency at xe.com. But understand the valuations are similar within $50.

Items on our marketplace forum do sell -- especially the VCRs. Unlike eBay, we're free, and this site gets enough traffic to make it work. We'll approve it when you list it.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Free Member

I genuinely found it hard to understand the information and i sort of knew that he was not a native speaker of the english language but as you have rightly pointed out i have also found Goldwingfahrer to be a very helpful member of the forum and always ready to give out advice.

As for the information provided by yourself (lordsmurf), it was much appreciated. I have listed my VHS decks in the Marketplace so lets see what happens.

I could see from the items on sale mainly they were NTSC models and very few PAL models and im assuming most people on here are from the US. So lets see what happens with my items. Time will tell.