Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Free Member

Hi!

I just want to run something past you Guy's, because I'm really can't get my head around what I'm seeing.

I have two Digital Signage Displays. One 40" mounted on my bedroom wall, and a rather larger 57" which is destined for the living room (brick) wall.

The bedroom unit is a rather nice Sony FWD40LX2F, which weighs in at 60.5lbs (27.5kg). The bracket that holds it on the wall, as you would imagine it would, bolts through the plastic casing and directly onto supports on the chassis (see attached pic).

My other display is a Samsung 570DXn, which weights in at a rather heavier 106.3lbs (48.3kg). The bracket that is meant to hold this thing on the wall however, is only fixed to the back of it's plastic case!!

There is no fixings on the chassis of the display at all, meaning it's only supported by the 18 small screws that hold the plastic casing on the back!

Now I'm struggling with this. There are pictures in the brochures of these displays suspended 30/40 feet off the ground, with health and safety being what it this sure they wouldn't allow this? I've been through every manual I can find, there is no internal mounting kit available as an option. It's not pictured in the service manual, mines got nothing missing, this seems to be how they are made.

What do you Guy's think? This seems extremely poor design. Mines only going to be 6 feet off the ground and I'm concerned!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sony FWD40LX2F Chassis Mounts.jpg (96.2 KB, 2 downloads)
File Type: jpg Samsung 570DXn Supported by plastic.jpg (34.4 KB, 3 downloads)
File Type: jpg Samsung 570DXn No Mounts.jpg (76.7 KB, 4 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
A lot of large screens like are actually mounted with heavy-duty custom fixtures. Nobody really trusts a wimpy plastic bracket. As you say, health and safety is the concern. The company apparently doesn't have the same concerns.

Time to get creative.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Free Member

Wish I'd gone on that welding course now