Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Free Member

Hi,

I have been looking for different solutions when it comes to saving my old vhs tapes into digital copies, without any luck. The cheaper VHS/DVD-burner-combos do often have quite unreliable reputation.

So now Im ready to take the step to buy the real deal when it comes to equipment that can turn my dreams into reality. But what should I look for? My tapes say: PAL SECAM on them, does that mean that I need a special type of machine?

Im turning to you for answers, and I would be happy if anyone could offer me a whole package deal and advice how to get the understanding on how to use these machines.

Are there any machines I can buy from here?

Thanks in advance.

Felix
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-21-2018, 07:15 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
You need both PAL and SECAM players. Those are two different formats.

Most all combos are terrible, yes. Some of the very best professional VHS/DVDR combos from JVC can transfer excellent sources, but some tapes will fail. Excellent VCR, the best DVD recorder made, but unfortunately a full-frame TBC cannot be injected between them. And many tapes require a TBC, not just the frame sync of the VCR in the combo. However, that said, I'm not aware of any PAL or SECAM JVC Pro combo.

So your main option is an excellent S-VHS deck from Panasonic and/or JVC with internal TBC, an external TBC, and quality capture card (or DVD recorder). That's a typical basic workflow.

Good read: http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials...g-workflow.htm

Anything available for sale is in the marketplace forum.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs