Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-16-2018, 01:38 AM
Free Member

Hello, I saw that there are many high-quality VHS adult movies in Japan. I am curious about your country's capture methods and techniques. I have seen many DMMs re-issuing movies. Are they directly saved via a digital camera or a capture card? Ask next. The time of their re-production was around 2005, and the VHS tape production was around 1995.

What are the methods and processes for re-publishing VHS by Japanese film companies? (Tools) - Is the digital camera saving data, pass pass, or capture card? - Of course I know they all have TBC and frame synchronizer. But I feel that their technology and equipment are so good. I know and have enough evidence that digital cameras save VHS signals better than capture cards, but they have attenuation problems. Can you use existing digital camera accessories DIY as a capture device?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-16-2018, 02:28 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
DMM?

I find it unlikely that a VHS tape release was shot on digital cameras, or were digital in any way.

The main issue to pay attention to with Japanese NTSC is the IRE. It's a special variation of NTSC, usually called NTSC_J in most capturing software and hardware. That just affects the black level.

In the late 90s, Pentium III era, DV was one of the only capture formats that did 720x480, aside from SDI. Most cards limited resolution to 320x240, and similar sizes.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs