Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Premium Member

From the Virtual Volumes View (VVV) site (http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/)

Quote:
Welcome to Virtual Volumes View!

VVV is an application that catalogs the content of removable volumes like CD and DVD disks for off-line searching. Folders and files can also be arranged in a single, virtual file system. Each folder of this virtual file system can contain files from many disks so you can arrange your data in a simple and logical way.

VVV also stores metadata information from audio files: author, title, album and so on. Most audio formats are supported.

It is possible to share the same catalog, stored in a network server, among Windows, Linux and OSX computers. The network server is simply a computer running a database server program. Click here for more info.

Came across and have been using this free app for a few months and it's great! There's also a portable version for Windows.

Drive contents can be exported as CSV (Comma, Tab, Pipe). Unicode is supported.

The only drawbacks for me are that it only displays size in MB and no additional columns can be added to the default view. Additional columns (e.g. Artist, Album, Length, etc) can be added for audio files.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,460 Times in 2,092 Posts
Good to know. I need to try that.

I need to do this last year, and took a more manual approach.
- The freeware jDirPrint, which allows which details are shown on the TXT output
- Imported a tab-delimited into Excel (actually OpenOffice Calc, not an MS Office fan for 10+ years now).

I made a workbook of sheets, one sheet per drive. That was for all my hobby videos.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Free Member

I used the PortableApps version on a USB drive to find assets and manage drives on a project that ran over 10 years.

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilit..._view_portable